Old Vs New Tech F75 Vs Legend

Hello to everyone. 

Here Is my problem, i already have a deus 2 (ws6) and i'm very happy, but some times i want a metal detector more easy to use and relaxing. 

In the 400$ price range i found the o Fisher f75 LTD and the nokta Legend. I like the F75 because is very Easy to setup and i love the tones ( i had a T2). 

But now with the new Legend update i read they improve a lot, also Is waterproof and multi frequency. But i think Is more difficult to setup in than the F75

I search in fields and woods in Italy, i Need a good discrimination and a fast recovery, also sometimes there are bad E.M.I problems. 

Thanks very much 

You can’t really go wrong with either the f75 or the Legend. Most will say the Legend has more potential as multi-freq but for simplicity, ease of setup and user comfort and  satisfaction, the f75 is awesome. I still want to get another one at some point. 

Not sure what makes the D2 not relaxing or difficult. Once you set it up it's a turn on and go machine. Actually one of the easiest machines to run.

5 tone pwm in single frequency is pretty easy to follow.

I often use 2 tone or 5 tone when relic hunting and full tone square for coin/jewelry. D2 does have a good advantage of being able to range the smf as well as run it in a wide range of single frequencies which makes it incredibly versatile.

I always wanted an F75 but weight is a downside, D2 has me spoiled 🙂

The F75 would be far easier to setup than the Legend, the Legend has pretty complicated menu system.  I even get annoyed at my Simplex for difficulty of adjusting things and remembering all the little icons meanings and its far less feature rich than the Legend, in saying that I rarely use it so I don't get a chance to let them sink into memory. 

A big reason for the F75 being simple to setup is it has very few options, the Legend is loaded with options, if that's good or bad depends on the end user.  I like detectors simple but not missing too many features.  The Legend comes across as a bit complicated to use to me, mainly due to it's cumbersome menu system and trying to pack too much onto a screen and menu system that just can't handle it.   The F75 having so few options can be learnt and understood in no time at all but lacks a lot of features the Legend has.  A detector like the Legend would have really benefited from a screen like the Manticore.

In saying that, I'd still pick the Legend, more features and features I find appealing especially the multi frequencies, it's like having a bunch of detectors in one, whereas the F75 is very limited there with its single frequency.  The Legend will also have more ways of avoiding EMI than the F75 which seems important to you, as it is for everyone.

The Legend is a whole lot of detector for the money.

I dont own a Legend but i do own a similar machine to the F75 the T2,i also have many many multi freq machines as well,but the one detector that has found me the most gold hammered and milled coinage and about every other decent find is the T2,it cannot get any easier to setup just second and away you go,with so many variable settings with such machines as the Legend you are always thinking have i got the settings right.

I have had my original T2 since they arrived here in 2006/7 and its never failed me,a massive price drop on a new T2 + boost a few months ago tempted me again and this is also still my everyday use detector.

For me simplicity and the low weight aspect the T2 will always be my No1 choice,must admit i am liking the Nox as well this year after owning it for many years as well.

The Legend from what i can gather is a world class machine but its never got me to part with money to buy one.

12 hours ago, Pombo2000 said:

Hello to everyone. 

Here Is my problem, i already have a deus 2 (ws6) and i'm very happy, but some times i want a metal detector more easy to use and relaxing. 

Hi , 

I agree with kac , I dont understand what makes the D2 not relaxing  for you  ..

The D2 is much lighter ( 850g for a D2 WS6 ) than a T2/F75 ( 1.7kg ) or even a Legend ( 1.4kg ) .. For me this single thing means much more relaxation , at least for my arm and shoulder .. 🙂

I like the T2 audio too , but its design dates from 2005/6 and either its electronics or mechanical design are outdated for me after almost 20 years ..

It is very easy to use a Deus2 if correctly set  . Have you tested the TEKKNA program ? It is based on SENSITIVE nr3 and I think it would be great for your local conditions with high iron trash ..

Pombo,

I have an F19 and a Legend, and previously traded off a GoldBug 2 in favor of a Makro Gold Racer.   The legend is simply more feature rich. It is not at all difficult to set up and run once you get used to it. The chief advantage is that it can be set up to run pretty much any way I want, much more versatile. 

The Legend is more complicated. For sheer simplicity the Fisher wins. I love the Legend, but am keeping the Fisher. 

On The Deus 2  square Tone, I find very similar to the F75 Tones 

Having both the Legend and F75, I'd echo all of the comments above -- no bad advice there -- but I can't speak to the D2.

Besides what's already been stated, I'd also add that, while the F75 is heavier in absolute weight, it's so well-balanced it feels as light or lighter than the Legend. Much has been written about the fantastic ergonomics of the F75, and I can't disagree.

The F75 has a wider range of aftermarket coils including concentrics (if that's important to you), although the Legend's coil range is now expanded thanks to Nel bringing their selection to the machine (hopefully soon?). 

For me, the main downside to the F75 is the antiquated shaft design -- the Legend's collapsible carbon fiber system is far superior. I run with the F75 lower shaft fully extended, and it has a noticable wobble. I'd also say the F75's tones came as an initially unpleasant surprise compared to the Legend and the Equinox, but they have grown on me with time.

While the Legend can be a turn-on-and-go machine if you don't want to mess around too much with the settings, its menu is a bit cluttered with features and takes some time to learn navigation. I'd say that's the trade off, however, for the sheer number of features and options packed into the machine. The F75 is far simpler to navigate, and would be the dectector I'd hand off to a novice user. With that said, the F75 is still wildly capable and has plenty of nuance baked into to a smaller selection of options.

16 hours ago, Pombo2000 said:

Hello to everyone. 

I also have Deus 2 WS6. I can fully understand why you say you want something more easy to use and relaxing. I personally like the WS6 Master setup very much for specific types of hunting. I do not like that setup as much for hunts where I need to make settings or mode changes during the hunt or for using the pinpoint function or actually easily seeing the screen's ferrous/non ferrous meter which I use both for conductivity and depth of the target. If I am at a site where I need to switch from for example the Sensitive program to the Mono program for target interrogation........that is a lot of button pushes and unlike the Deus 2 full remote, I can't save those two programs next to each other if I choose to. As long as I can basically put the WS6 in my pocket, it's fantastic. 

In the 400$ price range i found the o Fisher f75 LTD and the nokta Legend. I like the F75 because is very Easy to setup and i love the tones ( i had a T2). 

But now with the new Legend update i read they improve a lot, also Is waterproof and multi frequency. But i think Is more difficult to setup in than the F75

I own a Legend and have also owned an F75 original, LTD and T2. The way the Legend feels on my arm reminds me of those detectors especially the newer Legends with the LG30 coil and full carbon fiber shafts. 

The Legend is not hard to setup for basic detecting. Most of the necessary controls like discrimination pattern, sensitivity, frequency choices, ground balancing and pinpoint function are done with the buttons on the control unit with no hidden menus. The only settings changes that need to be used often are the noise cancel function, recovery speed and iron filtering which have to be done from the settings menu which does have two levels to navigate.  The only default setting that generally needs to be changed by anyone doing some serious detecting in iron infested areas is the default iron filter setting which needs to be lowered. It is easy to do with a little practice.

The Ferro Check feature on the Legend is really outstanding and so is its recovery speed options,  quality of the audio tones and tone pitch/tone break options.

The Legend is definitely easier to use in rain or submerged than the F75 or Deus 2 WS6.

The Legend being online updatable is really fantastic and Nokta have definitely made it better and better.

I search in fields and woods in Italy, i Need a good discrimination and a fast recovery, also sometimes there are bad E.M.I problems. 

The F75s and T2s that I have used here in the western USA have had trouble with urban and suburban EMI in recent years. They do have small frequency shifts and added shielding for EMI mitigation, but they were unusable at several places that I like to hunt. The Legend also has small frequency shift noise cancellation along with M1, M2, M3, and 4, 10, 15, 20 and 40 kHz to choose from. If I run into any issues with EMI, one of those frequency options usually keeps me detecting. I have taken the Legend to all of the sites that made me put the F75 and T2 back in my car since EMI was killing them. The Legend has handled those sites with no issues.

There are two other options that you haven't mentioned.

You could just buy the full Deus 2 remote and add it to your WS6. That is more than $400 US however.

You could buy a Nokta Double Score. It does not come with wireless headphones, there is no Ferro Check and it only has M1, M2, M3 and 15 kHz along with having a few other less features than the Legend.

Good luck with your decision.