Tesoros Are Not Dead

That's neat.

• Like 1

Sven,

On the GSII I like to add a manual ground balance and a notch width mod.  I 've also got a VID signagraph (think DFX) meter for it as well only haven't located a housing I like for it yet.

Fun detectors.    Been pondering adding a manual gb to the disc circuit side of my Cortes.

Keep modding!

Mike

• Like 3

I love my Beep and Digs currently own 5 Beep and Digs, and yes one of them is a Tesoro Vaquero which is my newest Acquisition

• Like 1

Neither are they dead in England either Sven. There is a strong following of these machines on tough industrial river foreshores like the Thames.  small coils a necessity, difficulty is finding a 4" as they are rare over here.

• Like 2

Sven,great to see you posting again about your detector mods,still have my Laser B1 and 3 with the 4'' coils on,Silver Sabre,Compadre and the Laser Trident 2 Extreme.....will have to get a few of them out again and start swinging them.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Tesoros Are Not Dead

So true Steve. Had a Vaquero for years. Found my largest gold nugget with it 8 grams. Quite by accident. Was working a relic site. It was such a pleasure to swing. So many coils to choose from.  If I could find one now I probably buy it.

• Like 2

Always loved seeing the Tesoro mods you did Sven. I modded a couple Compadres with extra disc circuits then later added sensitivity control and coil connector.  Makes for a quick way to check “ID range”.  My favorite setup had two additional fixed discrimination points using tiny trimmer pots mounted inside with a 3 way toggle to select.  I would set the regular disc control to disc iron or small foil  then one trim pot set to just barely disc out a nickel and the other to break up on a zinc. They were fun to hunt and play with but I ended up selling them.  Still have some parts left and a couple Compadres but don’t want to risk screwing them up since it’s getting pricey to replace them and any more I just enjoy a Tesoro for what it is.

Here’s a video of the first one I modded.  

Tesoro Compadre 3D Mod

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1