I Still Love My Tesoros!

Having used most metal detector makes and models over the years Tesoro detectors still have a place in my detecting arsenal.

I have always liked and respected their simplistic operation long reliability and the fact that they just plain work. It was a sorry day for me when the company closed up shop. I now own only one of their models... a Bandido II uMAX. Over the years I have owned and used most of their models going back to the company's beginnings. As I have said many times ALL Tesoros are good metal detectors and I am certain many detectorists would agree with me. They feature good discrimination and strong audio plus much more. I would not and do not hesitate in using one even today and often still do. Rest in peace Jack for you and Tesoro remain well-respected and legendary to me and many others!

• Like 7

My first choice of a machine when I head out is my Tesoro.

• Like 3

I have an original hardwired Compadre, that I still use to teach my beginner veterans proper technique and pinpointing, so they are not overwhelmed right out of the box. That's me with Vince Gifford, and Rusty Henry, at the factory in Prescott. In the early to mid 2000s, I used their Lobo Super Track for my gold prospecting business south of them in Congress, Arizona.geek3.thumb.jpg.454d0df103c5649fca919d37f8372ee8.jpgGeek4.thumb.jpg.ff20dab899ce7cb2d61892599762fd8f.jpg

• Like 5

Tesoro was my first step up above my Bounty Hunters when I first started out.

I still own a Cortes, a Golden Sabre II, and a Compadre.  My wife likes the Compadre but remembers my old Golden uMax and wants me to get another one of those for her.  I told her she might have to wait awhile as Tesoro closed down.   

I too wished they could have continued on.  

HH

Mike

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Mike_Hillis said:My wife likes the Compadre but remembers my old Golden uMax and wants me to get another one of those for her.  

There’s at least a few of us waiting to pounce on a Golden uMax that gets listed for sale 🤞🤞

• Like 1

When Vince convinced his mother to close the company and sell the building, an entrepreneur down south bought all the remaining machines in the warehouse. I Imagine they will be selling soon if not already. Wish I knew, I'd be first in line!

19 hours ago, Mike_Hillis said:

Tesoro was my first step up above my Bounty Hunters when I first started out.

I still own a Cortes, a Golden Sabre II, and a Compadre.  My wife likes the Compadre but remembers my old Golden uMax and wants me to get another one of those for her.  I told her she might have to wait awhile as Tesoro closed down.   

I too wished they could have continued on.  

HH

Mike

The sadder part was that no one has tried to revive Tesoro. Although lots of people would see them as old technology there are still some who WANT that. I'm glad I was able to at least own and use a Tesoro for a little while. A Tesoro Cortes, and the only reason i got rid of it was because it was a battery eater/hog and I wanted to have more target ID capability. Really wish they would have went farther with that idea and modernized it slightly and throw in a rechargeable onboard battery. But most of all wish I'd have kept it.

The only steel penny I've ever found was with that Cortes.

• Like 1