Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

My Equinox " Coming Out " Statement

On 11/21/2017 at 11:13 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Thanks Tim - that was kind of you.

The only inane questions are the ones that don't get asked. I love answering questions and explaining stuff - should have been a teacher I guess. Discussing detecting and helping people makes me happy, so thanks in more ways than one! :smile:

Just reading this thread/sub-forum for the first time ...

Steve,

You are a teacher.  You teach us and you teach Minelab.

Who else is there to teach?  My kid?  He is on the way and I hope you teach him too!

Mitchel

• Thanks 1

I would say that if a person truly wants to learn to use their new Equinox when it's released this will be the forum to do it on. I recognize many of the user names here from the other forums and they're many of the more learned folks in my opinion. I get the impression that many people on other sites are hoping that the Equinox will be a failure just so they can lord it over others. My EQ is paid for and i'm #9 on my dealers list when they come out. I won't be selling my Deus, or my excal II as having a good backup detector is as important to me as anything else. I'd rather take what Steve says than the guy who's using detecting to become the next youtube sensation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

anxiously waiting.....for more.:smile:

On 12/17/2017 at 10:05 PM, kiwijw said:

Thanks for being you Steve & thanks for all you do. It is appreciated from many. The detecting world needed you & your site/forum. I too hate the negative, abuse & BS that some forums seem to thrive on. I know there are other great sites out there but one cant belong to them all & give them all the attention they deserve.

I can't believe that I hadn't visited this thread before on the Equinox:blush:

Best of luck out there

JW :smile: 

I agree with Kiwijw, and want to thank you to Steve and keep up the good work your doing.

• Like 1

Hey Steve,

I was just curious what happens to the Equinox you got to test? Is Minelab going to update it for you and let you keep it? I would think they would update it for you as you've gone along as this release date nears. I think the job of metal detector tester has got to be the equivalent of video game tester in terms of bucket list jobs (if I was a teenager). :biggrin:

True prototype gear is usually destroyed. At some point I expect I will be running the same unit as everyone else.

Testing could be lots of work in theory if it was not something a person cared about. For me the fun comes in being able to communicate with people far smarter than I and learning a thing or two along the way. I enjoy associating with people that have a passion for what they do. Despite what people feel about companies overall on a personal level they all employ great people working hard to make detectors we will like.

• Like 5

That's cool to know. Attitude in life is everything. Thanks for sharing. 

What are the two 'official' names?

EQX 11 is the coil name.  Will they be EQX 600 and EQX 800?

Just wondering the search terms.

Mitchel