Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Equinox Multi-IQ Technologies ( Part 3 )

cdv

11 minutes ago, Mike Hillis said:

"Weighted".  That is the key word that needs definition.  What does "weighted" mean for the multifreq programs? 

On a V3i, running multi freq Best Data, 'weighted' would mean strongest response.   On V3i running multi freq Corrolate, 'weighted' would mean that two strongest frequencies responses agree.

On the Equinox programs, "weighted" could mean Best Data responses from the program's focused frequency selections but with an additional correlation.   So maybe it does broadcast all 5 frequencies but only processes the results of a particular program's target frequencies (which should be giving the strongest responses), say two or three out the five, then correlate them.  Not averaging but correlating the 'sameness' of the strongest two.

I dunno.  But that is what I'm hearing when I read Part 3.   If so, then an Equinox program is basically running in both Best Data and Correlate at the same time.

HH
Mike

Correlate and Best Data on the V series is about a discrimination methodology. By weighting all Minelab is doing is talking about whether a mode "leans" or primarily uses higher frequencies or lower frequencies. In other words, it is about frequency mix and target response, not how the machine discriminates, though that is obviously related.

It is confusing........ i noticed it used very low freq.... surely it doesnt mean the same to me or it would seem counter production to finding gold.... unless in some way it does some wrap around.   Hey... .... if it finds gold.... ill take it.   I look forward to you nugget posts Steve..... will we get a picture and a bit of info ..... approx depth and weight?   Yes im asking for a lot lol.

25 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

It is confusing........ i noticed it used very low freq.... surely it doesnt mean the same to me or it would seem counter production to finding gold.... unless in some way it does some wrap around.   Hey... .... if it finds gold.... ill take it.   I look forward to you nugget posts Steve..... will we get a picture and a bit of info ..... approx depth and weight?   Yes im asking for a lot lol.

Which mode (s) are you referring to?  All the non-beach gold finding modes (Park/Field 2 and Gold) use higher weighted Multi IQ meaning favoring the higher frequencies which is more favorable to small gold detection.  If you are referring to the both beach modes, then yeah, those are both low weighted and would not seem to be conducive to detecting small gold.

Ok ok I get it ( best machine ever ) I AM going to wait . Just wish someone would take my money . 

18 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Which mode (s) are you referring to?  All the non-beach gold finding modes (Park/Field 2 and Gold) use higher weighted Multi IQ meaning favoring the higher frequencies which is more favorable to small gold detection.  If you are referring to the both beach modes, then yeah, those are both low weighted and would not seem to be conducive to detecting small gold.

Chase.... ive been told even with those very low freq combos the machines seems to operate like a 15khz with their tweaking.   Did you see the chart doing comparisons to other detectors?   Pretty general as to the high points.   Not sure they were fair to Deus on gold hunting  since it does have 2 higher freq or beach since the dry sand is more than half of beach hunting.   BUT..... obviously ML feels they have a winner as an overall machine.   Battery could be the weak point..... depending on its durability to last.

CEA64692-6AFF-4CEA-AF43-DBA987FCA25F.jpeg

1 hour ago, dewcon4414 said:

Chase.... ive been told even with those very low freq combos the machines seems to operate like a 15khz with their tweaking.   Did you see the chart doing comparisons to other detectors?   Pretty general as to the high points.   Not sure they were fair to Deus on gold hunting  since it does have 2 higher freq or beach since the dry sand is more than half of beach hunting.   BUT..... obviously ML feels they have a winner as an overall machine.   Battery could be the weak point..... depending on its durability to last.

In dry sand, if I were trying to concentrate on picking up gold targets, I'd simply go to one of the Gold Modes or Park 2/Field 2 rather than either of the beach modes which ML states should be used primarily in wet salt sand or surf.  Coming from Deus, battery should not be an issue at all.  Dr. Tones was basically swinging an Equinox with a dead battery during his entire beach video, lol.  And yes, the Deus HF coils may still have an advantage in some situations where 58 or even 74 khz can get the job done which is one of the reasons the Deus will stick around in my arsenal even after Equinox shows up.  Deus users are finding those high frequencies are enabling some amazing relic recoveries in highly mineralized dirt.  I am anxious to bake the two off in real world nightmare mineralization this spring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1