Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Just Called Kellyco

Transparency would go a long way toward tamping down the furor and frustration that Minelab has created.  I can see no credible reason why Minelab is not keeping the public around the world informed and showing their company in a better light than it is cast in now.  They may have some geniuses in their engineering department, but it ends there.

Ditto the comment above on accessories.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TedinVT said:

Transparency would go a long way toward tamping down the furor and frustration that Minelab has created.  I can see no credible reason why Minelab is not keeping the public around the world informed and showing their company in a better light than it is cast in now.  They may have some geniuses in their engineering department, but it ends there.

Ditto the comment above on accessories.

I feel your pain, believe me.  But all detector companies are the same when it comes to this aspect of the biz.  Garrett the marketing genius had a little trouble keeping the barbarians at bay (and I don't mean the Hoover Boys) during the AT Max slow rollout, ditto the Nokta Impact earlier in the year (that cured me of pre-paid pre-orders, never again!), before that it was the nightmare 2-year (from announcement to fruition) release cycle for the Deus HF coils and version 4.0 software, which was hilariously botched on release day when they uploaded the wrong version of the software to the server.  To work around the "slow release" issue in 2017, First Texas took the innovative step of repackaging a number of their previous detectors and creating a "new" Patriot series.  The year before it was firmware gate and faceplate gate for the Whites MX Sport.  It is indeed frustrating but nothing different than what all the other major detector manufacturers go through.  I honestly would be more upset with Minelab if I were not so heavily sedated.

That's great