Just Called Kellyco

7 minutes ago, dirtyntx said:

Hang tight and conserve energy for the upcoming XP vs Equinox wars! :laugh:

Equinox wins the logistics battle vs the Deus hands down....+ the comparable cost battle...qed

and I don't even have one yet. I never bought a Deus even though I could have had I so desired.

Apples and Oranges as far as I am concerned.  I have a Deus and have preordred an Equinox.  There are things a Deus can do that the Equinox cannot and vice versa.  I don't see the Equinox completely supplanting my Deus and Deus certainly cannot be considered enveloping what Equinox can do, especially on a salt beach.  Academically interested in just how much overlap and common ground there is between them but they will both have their special niche areas of utility in my arsenal.  The question will be which of them I will keep in my vehicle full time.  TBD.

• Like 1

Daily routine since new year:

get home from work, kiss wife, pet dog, make cup of coffee, check latest delay news on the forums.  

Even though my dealer tells me I'm near the top of the list, I'm not expecting mine till round two and towards the end of February. I'm studying the manual and posts not dealing with delivery so I expect I'll be well prepared when I finally get my Equinox- which will be that much closer to mild weather. I do look forward to seeing some of the first Equinox videos which should be online soon enough. 

• Like 2

Ya'll are late to the party. I got mine. I promise not to use it until the rest of you starting getting them. It's still in the box under the tree. Such a darn pretty box I will hate it when I have to open it. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Norm S said:

Ya'll are late to the party. I got mine. I promise not to use it until the rest of you starting getting them. It's still in the box under the tree. Such a darn pretty box I will hate it when I have to open it. 

Why don't you play with the new CTX instead, Norm,so we all don't feel so bad.  Now I know why you bought the CTX, it was a package deal that allowed you the privilege of buying the first Equinox.  :laugh:

• Like 1

Norm S 

are you serious? Well good for you!!! 

Were you expecting it or was it a pleasant surprise?  No need to wait to use it. Imo

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Well, the place I was considering buying one from has updated their website to say their preorder delivery date is approx April.

https://www.jacobsdigital.co.nz/collections/metal-detectors/products/minelab-equinox-800-metal-detector

That would make sense if you hadn't already pre-ordered one and if you were just jumping onto the EQ train now. That's a lot of $$ compared to what we're paying in the US but I haven't a clue what the exchange rate is. 

Best of luck whatever you decide. 

11 minutes ago, phrunt said:

yes, we are 73 cents to the US dollar in New Zealand.  Well at least if I get one in April I will see how everyone likes them before I get one

It's strange the big delay though, as we are right next door to Australia.

That is exactly what I was thinking.  What, no ML love for the Kiwi's?

19 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

That is exactly what I was thinking.  What, no ML love for the Kiwi's?

Minelab is playing no favorites, if they were, the blokes down under would already be swingin' their noxes, and as yet they are not.