Counterbalance?

Artie72

Yep.  I get it.  The taller folks get hammered by the long moment arm for sure, so balance does make a bigger difference compared to us shorties (one of the few advantages of my stature I suppose.  Lol).   Deus is (used to be?) my primary machine and even coming from that I am not having too much issue with the EQX, but then again can tighten up on the shaft.  Thanks for sharing your back story. Here’s to hoping you are swinging your Equinox soon.  You will find a lot of similarities a differences to Deus but overall I am pleased with the EQX so far.  HH. 

Yeah I am a 6 footer so extend the lower rods out a fair way.

I also like the m2 coverage of a longer tecta .

After being so used to the CTX3030 which is heavy-ish but beautifully balanced IMHO I did notice the slight nose down difference  of the 800.....Its so light though its hardly an issue.

I am keen to get the 15"" dd coil when it becomes available so will add more weight behind the arm cuff then.

I was out today scooping up modern coin drops with an X-Terra and 15" coil and for that big coil I use a bigger counterweight and a Detecta Buddy harness for 5 hours of swingin  brought home $79.

Happy swingin people :smile:

Like Steve said on an earlier post, I think you'll find it's pretty much a non issue for most. It's so light, (especially after I've been swinging a CTX w/17" coil) that balance really doesn't come into play for me at all, and I've been swinging many brands for 45 years.