I doubt many have bought both to know, so based upon the 800 with 6" vs the Manticore with m8 coil, I'd say the Manticore once the new firmware is installed on it.  

The 6" coil I still think has the edge on the very tiniest pieces of gold, we are talking 0.00X of a gram stuff, aside from that the Manticore has the most change of punching deeper getting the bigger bits.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I doubt many have bought both to know, so based upon the 800 with 6" vs the Manticore with m8 coil, I'd say the Manticore once the new firmware is installed on it.  

The 6" coil I still think has the edge on the very tiniest pieces of gold, we are talking 0.00X of a gram stuff, aside from that the Manticore has the most change of punching deeper getting the bigger bits.

Thanks phrunt-----Is the following the latest firmware update on the Manticore?---6.20.0-3.71

7 minutes ago, D&P-OR said:

Thanks phrunt-----Is the following the latest firmware update on the Manticore?---6.20.0-3.71

yep, there has only been one update, probably won't be another either., Minelab aren't big on updates.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Detectors / Coils Question
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Skull diver said:

Can someone confirm this is the correct screen for the latest version?

That's what mine shows (installed with the latest software update), except for the last line (UVC) which is in the 8000's.  I wonder what 'UVC' means.  🤔

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

That's what mine shows (installed with the latest software update), except for the last line (UVC) which is in the 8000's.  I wonder what 'UVC' means.  🤔

I casually discovered with the MUI that the latest software was installed (by the dealer for sure) but not the same thing with the ML105.

I've updated them and as for now all works fine🙏

• Like 2

Mines the same except my UVC is 23990, mine was a very early release one, so maybe that numbers creeping up as they sell.

I was worried mine would say hardware version 20 being an early one, fortunately they've not changed hardware version so far.