Equinox 800 For Gold. 10x5 Coiltek Vs The 6 Inch.

They each have their pro's and cons.

6" is most sensitive to tiny gold out of the two of them, but at the centre of the coil.  The 10x5" lets you poke the nose into places, as on the 10x5" the nose is more sensitive than the middle of the coil.

The 10x5" isn't too far behind the 6" sensitivity but only at the tip and tail.  

I think potentially the 6" is deepest overall although only just, even on a coin size target, but the 10x5" covers more ground, as long as you're not looking for tiny targets, as then you're overlapping your swing so much anyway to ensure the tip or tail are covering the ground.

Both are great coils.

When the Equinox 800 first came out, I purchased the 6” coil. It was a pretty good coil and it found a bit of gold in suitable locations. I remember performing a comparison test against the SDC with the standard coil. I found a benign mullock heap which contained quite a few small pieces of gold. An area about 2mx2m was raked clean and the area was carefully detected with the 2300. Any targets that were identified (without any boot scrapes or scratches with the pick) were marked with a blue plastic marker (like the ones you see in kids board games) 7 targets were identified. The same area was then detected with the Equinox and targets were marked with yellow discs. I wanted to give the Equinox a slight advantage so it was used after the SDC did its thing. 4 targets were found with the other 3 being a no show.  The Equinox gave a very good signal on one of the targets but the SDC won hands down on that test in that particular location. One test doesn’t doesn’t prove much at all except that the Equinox can find small gold. All 7 pieces ended up being gold.

Completely agree with Phrunt that both are great coils and my experience echoes his.  If you have a lot of nooks and crannies to poke around, the Coiltek might make the most sense. If your area is more exposed and you want to hit the smallest pieces, the Minelab is maybe the way to go.  

One could also always just give in and buy both. I know I did. 😆