Taking My Nox 800 To The Jungle In Latin America

AlbyM

Hi Everyone,

I currently live in Russia and ran out of patience waiting for more Equinox 800's to arrive (I've been on a waiting list for months now). I had a friend buy one for me in Bogota, Colombia and he will bring it to me in another Latin American country next week and we'll hunt there. Thus, because I won't have the machine until next week, I have been learning by reading this forum and watching videos (not ideal but I have no choice).

I'd like to get some tips from some of you who have used the Nox- The first time I will use the machine, I'll be searching in the middle of the jungle at an old Spanish colonial site that is heavy in iron (mostly old mule shoes) and mineralized soil. In an environment like this, which settings would you use (or at least start off with)? I'll obviously adjust on the fly but would like some general tips about starting off in this unique environment. Unfortunately, there is no "jungle" setting so I imagine one of the Park settings; but what about variables like iron bias and recovery speed?  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

That's a great, unique way to buy an 800 ahead of waiting lists!  I'm sure you'll get plenty of really good answers shortly!