It's Now A Family Affair!

My 8-year-old Garrett GTI 2500 with 4 coils and the Treasure Hound box coils sold for $775 today on eBay. It's headed for Bolivia!

In the meantime, my wife has slowly gotten bit by the bug, and has been chasing my son around with his new Ace 300 and "helping".  We finally have a hobby that can be enthusiastically shared by all of us... so I bit the bullet and ordered another ACE 300 today to surprise gift my wife next week, using $$ from the GTI sale. (Bought from USADetectors.com, where John offers an average 10% discount on metal detectors to military, vets, and Govt employees. Great guy. Family owned small business.)

So while my wife and son are chasing down primarily clad coins and zincolns in yards, I'll be deep digging with my Nox 600 and then the 800 when it finally arrives. It'll be fun having the whole family swinging. I've waited a long time to find something we can all enjoy, and it gets my son away from the gaming systems in the house for awhile!!

I think I'll keep the 600 at our permanent home on the East Central Coast of Florida, and take the 800 with me wherever my wife is stationed. I go back and forth to take care of our house, and then time with my family on Air Force Bases where she is stationed. (She's a full Colonel). We will be moving to Oklahoma for two years in June. She is assuming a very senior command on Tinker Air Force Base outside of Oklahoma City.

Glad to be rid of that 4.9lbs monster that was killing my arm and shoulder! Swinging the Nox feels like it's weightless in comparison. Still learning, and have been hitting beaches in the Melbourne, FL area the last few days. Not much to show, but digging everything to learn the TID's. At least enough found to pay for gas. Back with family next week and then some fun hunts for silver in old demolished family housing areas on Eglin AFB where we'll be until June.

That's excellent, Elf!  Great that you have the whole family involved!!

Steve

Really nice to hear your story thanks for sharing, its great that a family can enjoy a hobby together and especially when it gets the kids off the game consoles that's a big bonus.