Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

How Many Have Reverted Back To The Original 1.5 Version?

Bhogg

Hi All,

Maybe you have already seen/heard it, but found this on YT, so FYI:

Relics Radio - Metal Detecting - Debbie from Minelab talking about the Equinox update

• Like 4

I have some time off work tomorrow, so hopefully time for a little more insight on the update. I did roll back to the 1.5 for a few hunts and will roll forward again for some comparison.  Would be a good time to have a pair of these to make things easier.   

Rich -

• Like 1

I'm still happy with the update, but there is one thing that's been bugging me. For the last three-five days, EVERY "13" I dig up is either a beaver-tail pulltab, or a small piece of aluminum. I've dug about 11 pull tabs to only 1 nickle.  Who knows, maybe I'm just being tested, but I didn't have this before I updated.

I'm still happy enough that I'm going to play with the settings a little and see if there's a small work around. I always noise cancel and ground balance at every new site as well. 

-Bill

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, William P said:

I'm still happy with the update, but there is one thing that's been bugging me. For the last three-five days, EVERY "13" I dig up is either a beaver-tail pulltab, or a small piece of aluminum. I've dug about 11 pull tabs to only 1 nickle.  Who knows, maybe I'm just being tested, but I didn't have this before I updated.

I'm still happy enough that I'm going to play with the settings a little and see if there's a small work around. I always noise cancel and ground balance at every new site as well. 

-Bill

I suppose if it hits silver coins on edge better, its going to hit tabs on edge better too! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The one thing ML might not be telling us is ...... those bugs they fixed that might have been found based on some of those gremlins we complained about...... like shutting off, having to factory reset or even the depth of beach 2.   Im sure if all those broken detectors went back to Aussy land they took a real good look at them and a enough to make the worth while upgrade based on the masses. 

Bill in the wet sand my pull tabs are coming in at 12..... and the dang bottle caps at 13.   So we either retrain ourselves as to what might or might not fall there i guess or go back to the old version.  I honestly didnt have a lot of gold fall in the 14 and 15 digit from the old program.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, William P said:

It sounds like what you (and a few others) are experiencing is a caution to all of us -- open up our discrimination (any type, particularly the brain discriminator) from what we've learned previously and recalibrate.