Best Time To Buy A New Detector

Now.

Dealers in most cases do carry some inventory. The larger ones carry a lot. Right now there is pressure to clear units out. There is year end accounting going on, and sales reports. Anything sold now puts sales into this year and gets inventory off the books. This in turn can be very important for places when businesses pay an inventory or business property tax that includes inventory.

If you have a model in mind you have to make phone calls. Tell the seller you are looking for the best cash deals and that you have no interest in all the so-called freebie stuff. Free stuff is rarely free and is usually factored into the overall sales cost. It also adds to the shipping cost if you are angling for free shipping.

Dealers cannot advertise metal detectors below certain prices (MAP = minimum advertised price). However, price fixing is illegal, and once you and the dealer are engaged in conversation they can make you any deal they want. This is another reason to avoid email. Companies and even competitors try to reveal and kill off anybody lowballing prices, and may test companies for discounting via email. A dealer is more likely to cut you a killer deal verbally than via email, which documents everything.

Bottom line call around right now and find that dealer desperate to clear year end stock. I have personally sold many detectors at near cost in year end clearance sales back when I was a dealer, but they were never advertised... just face to face sales. The sweet spot is after Christmas but before year end to get the best deals.

77475E5D-75B7-4D49-90B4-98E9370F1E97.jpeg

Yes you are 100% correct Steve.  Now that most of us missed the end of year party.  I want to invite everyone to the New Year Early Bird January Special.  Unadvertised specials right now on the GM-1000's, CTX 3030, SDC-2300's, GPX-5000, and GPZ-7000's.  Those of you interested when you contact me, please let me know you read about itPhotoCard2.thumb.jpg.5864e19bb703562378591f36ed2b6a3c.jpg on DetectorProspector.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I know what you say is true but with me it’s somewhat different.

Anytime I have money in my pocket it’s the time for me to buy . I don’t care what time of the year it is . 

Chuck