Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

New Teknetics Pinpointer Video Review

TheHunterGT Published on Dec 29, 2017

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm not sure how much better than is than a Pro Pointer AT, how do you think that compares to the Pro Pointer AT? i've only had my PP AT for about a month or so but have found it pretty damn good, even finds quite small gold nuggets with a reasonable distance, I'd like to see this little beast on some nuggets to compare.  

On level 1 sensitivity it about matches my Garrett Pro Pointer.  At level 3 it surpasses my Pro Pointer by at least an inch.  Impressive.

But will be great for bad ground.

• Like 2

Ah Mark, you sneak - you got yours! Hopefully mine will ship with everyone else's by end of next week to distributors, so I may see mine in a couple weeks.

I have been very happy with my Carrot, but seeing the new FT model is pulse induction it was a no-brainer purchase for me. I have every confidence it will punch deeper in severe ground than standard induction balance pinpointers. Always nice to hear confirmation however!

Are there any differences between the Teknetics and the Fisher units other than color?

No difference, I’m told.

I'm going to need a new pin pointer since I'm guessing that Sunray DX-1 on my DFX won't work with my new EQ 800. :laugh:

Which of you dealers wants to make me an awesome deal on a Teknetics or a Fisher PI unit?  I'll order from Kelly (when they get them in stock) if no one PM's me.  But I'd rather "keep it in the family" (in my best Al Pacino voice, which isn't very good).  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      Pro-Pointer AT Z-Lynk Instructional Video - Basic features and functions of the fully wireless Pro-Pointer AT Z-Lynk pinpointer are demonstrated. Sections include: wireless syncing; a tip on factory reset; adjusting detection and sensitivity settings; lost pinpointer alarm; retuning the Pro-Pointer to find targets faster or to overcome environmental challenges; battery replacement; and general care.
      Pro-Pointer AT Z-Lynk Owner's Manual

• By Steve Herschbach
      detectingMO Published on Feb 25, 2017
      Quick run through of MI-6 pointer setup and integration with the Deus Metal Detector.

• By Steve Herschbach
      Published on Jun 5, 2018 By Fisher Metal Detectors
    • By JustSwell
      I need a pointer and frankly I don't want to make a mistake this costly, or waste any more time than I have already digging without one.   I'm hoping someone here has tried a few with their Equinox and can suggest a good tool to pair with it. I blow serious time in holes right now and it's all the color of shaded dirt.
      Can anyone suggest which pointers they have used with their Equinox 800 that they know don't cause the Equinox any trouble.  I really like the Nox but I know she's sensitive.  That is unless you tell me none are an issue with this detector.  I will need a water safe unit
      I'm sure this question has been asked that I haven't found besides those presenting pointer comparisons.  Those are helpful,  but I'm looking for Nox 800 specific pairing here.  Would love a few opinions to help me decide.  Thank you in advance for your short or long tales or experience.

• By ☠ Cipher
      I just got my Tek-Point. I've been working with the TRX for the last year or so, so the bar was set pretty high for me. I like a lot of range and that has been the most important factor for me. I've wanted a second pinpointer for a while, and preferably Pulse Induction. I tried everything Garret has to offer and wasn't happy. I was tending toward the Gold Digger Land or Sea for quite a while and still would like to give it a go someday. I liked the 20ft waterproof rating as I'll often use my pinpointer for extended periods under water.
      Ultimately I couldn't resist the range I was seeing from the Tek/Pulse. In my soil it runs neck and neck with the TRX, with the TRX picking up on items just slightly out of the Teks reach. But when I experiment with higher mineralization levels I have to back the TRX down where the Tek remains stable. I still prefer tip only detection, but the 360 detection comes in handy in plugs that aren't trash mixed with target. I like that it's smaller than the TRX by at least an inch and the LED is capable of far more output than the TRX, which is a huge plus since I like to do night hunts as well. 
      I would say great job. It's easily my first or second favorite, I haven't made up my mind yet, but this pinpointer brought FTP into the top tier for sure. The only things I would like to see from pinpointers in the future is wireless adaptation of the primary machine's disc settings, ability to link up with wireless headphones, and maybe a small LCD on them or ability to send info back to the machine. Many possibilities for the future of these little devices.  

• By Ridge Runner
      A friend took his Pro Find for a little water detecting for the first time. The trouble started when his pinpointer started acting up but then went dead . At first he was thinking the battery went dead but knew better when water came running out of the battery compartment. He looked the case over good and he could see a hair line crack on one side in the seam .
      He told me after this happen and looking at it again one could see the seam wasn’t fused good together. I guess you could call a factory defect and wouldn’t been known until maybe never if it didn’t go swimming.
      Thanks for warranty we get .
      Chuck