White's TDI Testing Results

Hi steve,

just thought I would drop a line on testing tdi at winnemucca 3 days. Ended up pretty good.

walked a lot of the desert, found a lot of lead. Then I found a nice little area that has been over by numerous detectors before. The ground was to hot down there to run with geb off, so ran with it on

Gain around 9 ground balance 9 to9.5 pulse 10 most of the time, low conductivity a little noisy but I could work with it fine.i havent weighed any thing yet nice heavy pieces though. Area I found I would test tdi against gb and there was two pieces tdi could not see at all. These were all flat pieces of vein very thin.

Anyway was great weather after snow first morning, overall pretty pleased with first pi machine, especially knowing mineabs and everything else has electrified the ground here before me.

• Like 1

Excellent Rick! Always good to find gold, and sure helps with faith in a new detector. Lots of people get a new machine and if gold is not found soon lose all faith in it and it ends up for sale. Not the machines fault of course but just the way people often are. So I am glad the TDI is working out for you. Hope we get to see pictures at some point!

Thanks again for the invite. Wish I could have but family stuff is getting priority at the moment.

This is what I found with tdi, the two by themselves got with gb2, tdi couldnt see these .its going to take awile to clean them so I will show them now. Also picked up a few more targets while I was at it.

post-38-0-59572100-1393203793_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-65192300-1393203891_thumb.jpg

Very nice Rick! Thanks for posting.

I like the bullets and casings also. You know as long as you are finding that stuff the area has not been detected very well. Digging bullets can be annoying but it is not as annoying as being someplace you can't find any because somebody else dug them all along with the gold.

Yes it is the gold on yellow background, not very good picture, I had a local geologist buddy of ours look at these, he told me that was as wide as the vein was maybe one quarter in. wide.

Im not sure besides the calcium (on other side of most of them) what the host make up is for sure yet.

this came from winnemucc area . They have found a few pieces before here not many.

Weighed these in the rough 29.5 grams. Biggest piece was 10.3 grams. looked at them with a loupe and they are full of the yellow stuff.

• 2 months later...

Heres pictures of February finds at winnemucca, got them cleaned up , left some of the calcite on them.
still not great pics , not a photographer by any means.

post-1-0-01560700-1398549286_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for refreshing the picture steve, was some of the gold at moore creek covered as heavily as this nevada gold, man it took quite awhile to clean up. I used dilluted HF.maybe10% so I could monitor the progress.