Gmx Coil For Tiny Gold

I have a  Kezef creations 3mm 10k white gold topaz  pair of earrings that I got for less then $12 on  Amazon with  silicon backing. It seems that  the 6.5"concentric hits it much better so far when it's on the  ground.I would think the much smaller   4by 6 DD would hit it about the same because of it's small   size.I  will have to do more testing.Bad coil? What  do you think?

Are you saying you have both coils and the concentric tests better on a surface target? It very well might. The DD coil has an air space between the windings and the bottom of the coil. I’ve been meaning to post on that and will soon.

• Like 1

I just tried my two coils and the concentric does hit harder. That is one of the advantages of a concentric. However, in very mineralized ground that advantage disappears and the DD is usually the better option. I would always use the concentric personally unless I was getting to much ground feedback/overloading or hot rock problems.

More on the subject soon, a little busy at the moment.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I just tried my two coils and the concentric does hit harder. That is one of the advantages of a concentric. However, in very mineralized ground that advantage disappears and the DD is usually the better option. I would always use the concentric personally unless I was getting to much ground feedback/overloading or hot rock problems.

More on the subject soon, a little busy at the moment.

Thanks for taking the time to test.I will use the 6" mostly.The 4by6 will be nice when I want to hunt shallow for more realistic targets. A 3mm white gold   earring is like trying to pull a stunt in finding one. Things have to be perfect.I    wonder if they made a small coil   like the Goldbug pro how sensitive that would be in a concentric?I would buy one.