Minelab New Products

longbow62

How old is the Excal II??? Is that not due for an update also?

18 hours ago, phrunt said:

The Equinox is an entirely different animal, the CTX really shines on deep silver, in my opinion in my soil destroys the Equinox on deep silver, although prior to owning the CTX I thought the Equinox was the greatest machine on deep silver as compared to my others it was king, mainly because of it's ability to ID silver deeper than my other detectors, until the CTX came along to my collection and did an even better job of it.

The Equinox is more of an all round detector, it can do it all, while the CTX can do most things for me it's a deep silver hunter, or even a superior coin machine overall and I do love target trace and it's enhanced ID's over the Nox.

Agreed.

When I use my E-Trac and it gives me that nice high-tone and Fe:Co shows me that 13:47 or so signal, it's safe to assume it's a clad or silver dime. Or it might be a copper penny. But it's unlikely to be trash. But I get that 24-28 on my Equinox? It could be anything from aluminum trash to a piece of iron to a silver dime.

So yeah, a CTX 4040 v. Equinox 1000? Assuming they cost and weigh the same (they probably won't, I know), I'd use the former.

• 4 months later...
On 2/17/2022 at 6:06 PM, longbow62 said:

I hope it's at least by Detectival 2022. Mid August will be the full year earnings report. Maybe at least a hint then.

Minelab were asking all sorts of questions about what features detectorists at the autumn Detectival 2021 would like to see.

I told them lightness was what I am after.  The D2 with 11” is just under 2 pounds the Equinox 800 is just under 3 pounds.  That pound extra is noticeable after an hour swinging. They could also smooth some of the EMI chirping out and make it a better machine.  More user program slots and a clock with alarm timer to tell me when I have to stop detecting on Rallies. They have set contracts with the landowners so we all have to stop digging at a set time. I don’t wear a watch and my mobile is off to stop EMI.  Needs the clock built in like the Legend and D2.

On 2/17/2022 at 6:06 PM, longbow62 said:

I hope it's at least by Detectival 2022. Mid August will be the full year earnings report. Maybe at least a hint then.

1 hour ago, Mylab said:

Minelab were asking all sorts of questions about what features detectorists at the autumn Detectival 2021 would like to see.

I told them lightness was what I am after.  The D2 with 11” is just under 2 pounds the Equinox 800 is just under 3 pounds.  That pound extra is noticeable after an hour swinging. They could also smooth some of the EMI chirping out and make it a better machine.  More user program slots and a clock with alarm timer to tell me when I have to stop detecting on Rallies. They have set contracts with the landowners so we all have to stop digging at a set time. I don’t wear a watch and my mobile is off to stop EMI.  Needs the clock built in like the Legend and D2.

These weight comparison and chirping on nails posts are relative to say the least.

My Deus 2's actual on the scales weight with 9" coil and no modifications is 35.6 ounces. Last time I checked weights and measures that weight is 2 pounds 3.6 ounces.  My Equinox 800 with the 6" coil and Tele-Knox shaft (ditched the stock shaft after about a week) and grip tape and a Doc's armrest cover weighs 38.1 ounces or 2 lbs 6.1 ounces. My same Equinox 800 with the Coiltek 10 X 5" coil weighs 41 ounces or 2 lbs 11 ounces. I can swing any of these detectors all day. I can also swing the same Nox with the 11" coil all day and I am not young.

Deus 2 will chirp on nails and iron in general. The Equinox will chirp on nails and iron in general. Settings help. The overall recovery speed and target separation of Deus 2 is better than the Equinox, no doubt. Sensitivity to really small targets of any conductivity is much better on the Equinox, no doubt.

Do I hope there will be an updated Equinox like offering from Minelab....that doesn't leak and that has faster recovery speed without losing sensitivity and depth and has more user profiles....sure.

• Like 3