Please I Would Like Your GPX 5000 Opinion

I have not tried this, but I have tried large coils that no one can avoid the small rubbish.
I believe that gpx is made of gold nuggets and it may be impossible to operate in the way I imagine with any coil on the market.
it would be great or Minelab to develop a large coil that is not sensitive to small objects to its existing pulses or to build a new pulse detector for researchers looking for deep large objects but having a reliable high balance.

IMG-13b6c6312cb4ab029add5fd9fba97935-V.jpg

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Please I Would Like Your GPX 5000 Opinion

Hello everyone from Greece,
Friend Kostas we have discussed together enough this issue of the big frames - coils, relic hunting in Europe as well as other countries that love Gpx operations in terms of ground balancing that really is an excellent work of Minelab engineers, no one denies this.
Logic says that increasing coil size we lose sensitivity to very small targets but also allows us to find a bigger target in depth.
A tip is to increase the distance of coil from the soil to lose a little sensitivity to small targets, but at the same time we lose and a lot of depth.
But this is not enough if we mention as the Gpx series including Gpz is machines built on the philosophy of nuggets, that is to provide maximum sensitivity to a variety of nuggets sizes and to the maximum depth.
I believe that in order to be able to work in the way you mention above for large target sizes as a military box, but at the same time they do not have enough sensitivity to the small targets in an area containing a lot of rubbish, it is quite difficult to achieve the reason that I mention above in philosophy of their constructions.
Perhaps it could be done with an extremely large frame - coil provided that the ground balancing as well as the EMI like a normal coil will operate.
I find difficult achievement for Minelab as well as coil production companies worthwhile, like Coiltek and NF.

Coiltek 22 mono.jpg

• Like 3

Out of interest have you tried the Coin and Relic timing on the GPX with a big coil.  I found using that timing the GPX 5000 ignores smaller nuggets that it would normally pick up very easily in other timings.

I realise you want to ignore quite large targets but perhaps with a very large coil like the Nugget Finder 25" DDX coil which isn't a very sensitive coil to small targets in the first place combined with being a DD whereby you could enable iron discrimination and running in Coin and Relic timing it might be reasonable for the task at hand.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Out of interest have you tried the Coin and Relic timing on the GPX with a big coil.  I found using that timing the GPX 5000 ignores smaller nuggets that it would normally pick up very easily in other timings.

I realise you want to ignore quite large targets but perhaps with a very large coil like the Nugget Finder 25" DDX coil which isn't a very sensitive coil to small targets in the first place combined with being a DD whereby you could enable iron discrimination and running in Coin and Relic timing it might be reasonable for the task at hand.

The coin relic timing using  DD coil ignore very small nuggets but in non mineral areas. In a mineral soil areas the noise is to hard and the machine it’s unstable with bad ground balance.

It is an extremely difficult case for example of coin size being completely rejected so we can see a big target in depth. The iron discrimination it is not needed as military boxes are made of iron.

• Like 3

On 3/2/2022 at 6:41 PM, stampa said:

Hello everyone from Greece,
Friend Kostas we have discussed together enough this issue of the big frames - coils, relic hunting in Europe as well as other countries that love Gpx operations in terms of ground balancing that really is an excellent work of Minelab engineers, no one denies this.
Logic says that increasing coil size we lose sensitivity to very small targets but also allows us to find a bigger target in depth.
A tip is to increase the distance of coil from the soil to lose a little sensitivity to small targets, but at the same time we lose and a lot of depth.
But this is not enough if we mention as the Gpx series including Gpz is machines built on the philosophy of nuggets, that is to provide maximum sensitivity to a variety of nuggets sizes and to the maximum depth.
I believe that in order to be able to work in the way you mention above for large target sizes as a military box, but at the same time they do not have enough sensitivity to the small targets in an area containing a lot of rubbish, it is quite difficult to achieve the reason that I mention above in philosophy of their constructions.
Perhaps it could be done with an extremely large frame - coil provided that the ground balancing as well as the EMI like a normal coil will operate.
I find difficult achievement for Minelab as well as coil production companies worthwhile, like Coiltek and NF.

Coiltek 22 mono.jpg

Friend Panagiotis, we have discussed the issue many times and we have come to the conclusion that with the settings given by the detector we can not face this problem.

I hope that at some point Minelab's engineers will build a large coil that ignores small targets to satisfy the research of researchers looking for our way….

It would also be very interesting to learn from someone who knows how to build a GPX if he can achieve what we are looking for with a proper coil build.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kostas 13 said:

Friend Panagiotis, we have discussed the issue many times and we have come to the conclusion that with the settings given by the detector we can not face this problem.

I hope that at some point Minelab's engineers will build a large coil that ignores small targets to satisfy the research of researchers looking for our way….

It would also be very interesting to learn from someone who knows how to build a GPX if he can achieve what we are looking for with a proper coil build.

Unfortunately, as you know, the construction of a properly constructed frame / coil is not enough to achieve what we are discussing, as the machine itself can not do that. Only with some modification of the unit which I do not approve of unless it could be applied by Minelab itself.

• Like 1