Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

Garrett AT Pro Basics Video Series

Part 1 - Powering On, Factory Reset, and Detection Modes

Part 2 - Standard vs Pro Modes and Proportional Audio

Part 3 - Target ID Information, Digital Target ID, and Tone ID

Part 4 - Frequency Adjust and Ground Balance

Part 5 - High Resolution Iron Discrimination and Setting Notch Discrimination

Part 6 - Setting Discrimination for Iron Audio Use and Bottle Cap Demonstration with Iron Audio Feature

Part 7 - Searching in Pro Mode on Trashy Sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Nolan-GA
      I have had a Garrett ACE 250 for several years and just bought a very slightly used Garrett AT Pro a week ago.  A couple of times I did not get any sound when first turned on but after wiggling the coil cable it started giving tones again.  On occasion it has suddenly started chattering with almost no movement and I have done a reset and it corrected the problem.  My main issue right now is that if I bump the coil cable close to the connector I get a tone every time.  I have removed and re-inserted the connector twice making sure it is fully inserted but still get the tones.  I have made sure its not the connector itself.  I don't have another coil for the AT Pro to swap out.  I texted the previous owner to find out when he purchased it hoping it was less than the 24 month warranty that Garrett has.  Wondering how strict Garrett is on fixing issues like this or replacing a coil with a bad cable if I was not the original purchaser.  Any suggestions are appreciated. 
    • By mh9162013
      Are the Garrett AT series detectors (Pro, Gold and Max) that good? Based on youtube personalities, it looks like it. But after doing research on online message boards, it seems like they're "good, but there are other comparable or better options out there," a la the Equinox.

How much of the prevalence of Garrett AT metal detectors on youtube is due to effective marketing and how much is due  the AT metal detectors being that good?

I'm not intending to start a flame war or anything as I eventually plan on upgrading my machine and I'm considering the AT Max, Equinox 800 or Fisher F75.
    • By Trailryder42
      Hey all,
      As for the Garrett AT Pro, does anyone else not like the fact that the unit doesn't have a "tone only" mode? Find that it's a deal breaker for you?
      Thoughts?
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      https://www.detectingdoodads.com/store/p21/AT_Pro-luminator.html
    • By kac
      Was looking at my AT Pro that I run with a big coil and trying to figure out if I could make a counter weight or not and looking under the armrest I discovered Garrett put a wire clip! After all these years I never noticed it. After giving up on the idea of a counter weight I hooked the headphone wire to the clip and discovered the wire had a nasty slice through it and was only held together by the copper shielding!
      Dug through my box of stuff I use for electronic repair I had a container of liquid electrical tape. Looks like I'm good to go. Close call as I plan to hit the beaches this weekend.