Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

GPZ 8000 Rumors

flakmagnet

I find that improvements in detector are very minor as far as depth go on any thing over a gram. That why I wait for the second generation of technology. If this is the second generation of of the Z then the weight and price would be a factor as most of my nuggets were easily found  detected in virgin ground. As the gold and the number of professional prospectors left have got a lot less, the price and ergonistics should improve in favour of the hobby prospector.  :minelab:  However if I see a massive improvement then reason will prevail. ?

Again...

Please, nobody say they would be willing to pay as much as the GPZ 7000!!!?
I remember when the GPZ 7000 was but a rumor, one or more posted that they would be willing to pay $10,000 U.S. for the next Minelab flagship gold detector if it had the features they wanted. And then the GPZ 7000 was released at the exact same phenomenal price! Coincidence perhaps, but I think not. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Steve,

You got it.  I woke up in the middle of the night thinking a similar thought. 

Discrimination with a PI.  I still might dig everything but I could see the ground and know there was something 'out of the ordinary' waiting for me to dig it.  I use the Nox this way and I'd do the same with a PI.

Mitchel

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I'll tell you manufacturers what I really need and am will to pay top dollar for. A detector as powerful as a GPZ but with 100% accurate ferrous discrimination. Even the best VLF detectors pick up too much flat steel and broken square nails in old mining areas. If there is a payday waiting for me it is in areas full of ferrous junk where a VLF does not go deep enough but a GPZ or PI will kill me digging junk. Forget more depth and give me genuine, accurate ferrous discrimination in a detector more powerful than the best VLF. For that, I will dig very deep into my wallet, and that's a promise.

I would love the same, nicely stated.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

For that, I will dig very deep into my wallet, and that's a promise.

Thanks Steve for cleverly circumventing a specific dollar amount. ?

• Haha 2