CTX 3030 A Gold Machine?

strick

Hi All

Maybe I should have put this in the other CTX3030 gold thread, the one about small coils. But I hadn't seen that thread when I posted.  I am in a bit of a friendly  disagreement on a NZ Metal Detecting Facebook Forum at the moment. Re a Video put up of a Macro Racer 2 v A Minelab Etrac on a very chunky piece of gold chain. Maybe that Vid surfaced on here also, but I have lots of posts to go through in my catch here.  I just cannot accept what I see.  I would welcome views please and or explanations. Here is the Utube Link. Okay its an Etrac, but isnt a 3030 more or less an Etrac with more bells and whistles.

https://youtu.be/yXl4s1b7gho

Cheers Trev  .

That is an interesting video.  What can I say?  I have a 3030, Explorer SE Pro and the E-Trac (French) we are about to start using.  We go to the beach.  I do think there are times when my old SE Pro (being used by my wife) finds some things better than I can with the 3030.  She has found some nice gold chains with it while I have had some good days and other days no chains.  Our coil tags have broken on the SE Pro and I have glued them but if they break again we'll bring out the new E-Trac and I'll have more knowledge of its beach finds.  The controls and adjustments seem similar looking through the manual but the field is the place to go next.

Mitchel