Simplex Wireless Phones Not Very Loud

Hello everyone , I am new to this community and I am looking forward to share my detecting experience as I get familiar with the site. I am interested to see if others are having difficulty with the low volume on the Simplex green wireless headphones . I am older and don’t think my hearing is that bad but I really struggle to hear the sounds with these headphones. I bought the Simplex as a detector that my friends can use if I have an extra guest on a hunt . I normally use a Deus and have no trouble hearing the soft tones on deep targets . Does anyone have any info on the Simplex phone volume ? 

No problem with mine , i can crank them up to ear busting levels , and that is with damaged hearing from industry and shooting .

Barney I agree with you 100%. I have my hearing checked every year for work and have good hearing. The wireless headphones on all Nokta/Makro machines are not very loud in general. I can hear them yes but not like I want to. My brand new simplex was the same way. My Multi Kruzer, and my anfibio. I also don't care for the way they fit. To small for me. If your use to the high cranking power of the deus ws4s the Nokta/Makro with be a bit of a let down. On the other hand I did try the Nokta/makro waterproof headphones with the simplex. They really cleaned up the tones a lot and seemed to have plenty of volume. For a waterproof headphone I thought they would be a bit distorted cause of the waterproofing. Nope I was wrong sound great. 

Hi - thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered the cable adaptor for the Simplex.  Huge improvement !! I used an old pair of Koss phones and it was truly amazing. The wireless are nice but not muffled like they are.