Gmx I Could Not Ground Balance In The Water

Ok, I'm calmed down now lol. I'll hit the water again tomorrow now that I know what's going on.

Thanks everybody...

Phrunt, I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes. The water's cold right now. I'll go to waist deep and test it. I'll see if it makes a sound as the coil enters the water each time or if it's only the first time in and after that no sound. There is a sound when the coil is underwater and is lifted. I was getting good hits in the water and don't think sensitivity needs to be turned down as the ground is mild and it ran smooth with the coil going along the sand.

I will try lowering sensitivity tomorrow in the water.

No, don't dial back the Gmx/24k White's. I take that back, White's doesn't need to fix a thing. There is a big difference in mild ground. I like to have the potential there. I've never been in bad ground.

I have it under control now lol.

On 5/2/2020 at 5:59 PM, Rick N. MI said:

Ok, I'm calmed down now lol. I'll hit the water again tomorrow now that I know what's going on.

Thanks everybody...

On 5/2/2020 at 6:51 PM, Rick N. MI said:

I will try lowering sensitivity tomorrow in the water.

No, don't dial back the Gmx/24k White's. I take that back, White's doesn't need to fix a thing. There is a big difference in mild ground. I like to have the potential there. I've never been in bad ground.

I have it under control now lol.

Hi     Rick.Are you hitting a inland lake  or lake Michigan ?  I think Jim is right that your sensitivity is to high.  I don't want to get  the  machine   if it is not good in water.  

Right now I am in an inland lake.  It will be good the water. A 0.89 gram 10k gold ring airs tests at 9" with sensitivity 7-10 using the 6.5" concentric coil. I have the 6x10 coil coming. Just have to be careful to keep the coil parallel to the bottom. The Gold Kruzer in deep mode needs sensitivity about 70. The Gold Kruzer in deep mode hits harder on deep targets than the Gmx. The Gmx has a very soft  hit on deep targets. I'll give it a good go tomorrow.

23 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Right now I am in an inland lake. A 0.89 gram 10k gold ring airs tests at 9" with sensitivity 7-10 using the 6.5" concentric coil. I have the 6x10 coil coming. Just have to be careful to keep the coil parallel to the bottom. The Gold Kruzer in deep mode needs sensitivity about 70. The Gold Kruzer in deep mode hits harder on deep targets than the Gmx. The Gmx has a very soft  hit on deep targets. I'll give it a good go tomorrow.

You should try bark tot  lots when you have a chance.Great practice for small gold,and  easy digging.

I went to detect one and it was taped off. Not allowed to go in right now unfortunately. 

15 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

I went to detect one and it was taped off. Not allowed to go in right now unfortunately. 

I think you can   get  Jesuit rings up your way.I got 7 in a field south of   Rochester. They    mostly hit like nickles.My    friend   Ramer on FM forum  posted them a few years back.   Older then  1687 since That was when that indian  village was abandon.

I know someone who found a lot of the Jesuit rings up in the area of the colonial Fort Michilimackinac at the Mackinaw bridge.. I found a colonial British 10th Regiment of the Foot button up there. Didn't find a ring. The Indians tricked the fort playing a game and a ball went into the fort and they opened the fort to let the Indians get the ball and the Indians attacked. It was well planned attack on forts all over Michigan.

22 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

I know someone who found a lot of the Jesuit rings up in the area of the colonial Fort Michilimackinac at the Mackinaw bridge.. I found a colonial British 10th Regiment of the Foot button up there. Didn't find a ring. The Indians tricked the fort playing a game and a ball went into the fort and they opened the fort to let the Indians get the ball and the Indians attacked. It was well planned attack on forts all over Michigan.

That    is a great find.    Sometimes  I  scoop up a  small stone with hole in it.My  friend says it is a indian fishing   weight.My friend   scooped up a arrowhead in a lake.One lake is loaded with  musketballs.