Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Minelab GPX 6000 Full Reveal In February 2021?

It may not tell us a lot about the new GPX, but it does tell us that they do make a ton of money, spend a ton on research and indirectly makes me think that if others don't follow Minelab's lead in investing in technology, that they may go the way of White's and Tesoro.  New detector companies may emerge but will they survive??? I only hope the new GPX does not limit the control of the individual to adjust settings. The reason I love the GPX 5000 is that I can control how I set it. If you limit the adjustability of a machine, you limit the ability to create some really deep programs.

• Like 2

Does anyone know where the Chicago is?  Minelab has seemed to misplace it!

Minelab misplaced Chicago???? Have seen RVs called Chicago, have a Pot Belly Stove in Shouse called Pittsburg and made in NZ, but the anticipated GPX 6000 I want one for Xmas Minelab please............... don`t care where its made if it is Minelab quality but please without a coil chip, you make tough coils but not the most productive.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Since when did this topic say full reveal in December?  I thought the Full Monty was in October!

10 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Since when did this topic say full reveal in December?  I thought the Full Monty was in October!

The FCC website has a Confidentiality Letter that requests the user manual and photos not be revealed until October 19:

"We are requesting the commission to grant short-term confidentiality request on the following attachments until 19 October 2020. External Photos, Internal Photos, Test Setup Photos, User Manual"

So in theory by October 19th we could have photos and a user manual available for download. However, the website has availability notes now appended to those document listings, and they are calling for a December 18, 2020 release of the information.

When I started this thread I went by the requested date in the letter. I recently changed it to reflect the change in the information availability dates listed on the FCC website. The information has already been submitted and the FCC has it, but you don’t get to see it until December. From the FCC at least. Minelab can always release info earlier than that if they choose to do so.

In either case it is a short wait now to see what Minelab has cooking for gold prospectors.

minelab-gpx-6000-info-available.jpg
Minelab GPX 6000 Users Manual available by 12-18-2020

minelab-gpx-6000-new-for-2021.jpg

• Thanks 1

I didn't see the title change in the notes that now show on other thread titles that have been altered.  Just wondering if others are paying attention.  (Sometimes I don't.)

Well, in fairness, for those who are really paying attention - I posted the confidentiality document in this thread indicating a release on or before Dec 18th over a month ago. :laugh: 

The link I posted goes to the actual FCC database, which for some reason is down today (it was up yesterday). Not that it particularly matters, but Steve the link you included is actually a 3rd party data scraping site that is emulating the actual FCC website. Same info in the end though I guess, just about a week delayed it seems.

If that link dies, the product code to search the FCC database for this GPX 6000 is "Z4C-0039"

• Like 3