Joe Obn In Detecting Accident, Prayers.

After discussions about Joe with my other water hunters, it was suggested to carry a whistle just in case there is an emergency. I went to amazon and bought 2, one for me and another for one of my hunting partners.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CCadrin said:

After discussions about Joe with my other water hunters, it was suggested to carry a whistle just in case there is an emergency. I went to amazon and bought 2, one for me and another for one of my hunting partners.

Worked in that scene from the movie "Titanic".  I assume every natural gold detectorist who wanders alone out of line-of-sight vehicle range already does that, too.  One of my favorite cable TV shows (yeh, I watch quite a few) is "Would you Survive?" (previously titled "SOS - How to Survive") on Weather Channel here in the USA.  Some are about everyday experiences like car accidents leading to people down in ravines and unnoticed while others are about hikers and other outsdoorsmen, mistakes they've made, and things they could have done (well, maybe) to have made their experiences less life-threatening.  Lots of good ideas there and I suspect (can't remember) carrying a whistle was recommended at one point.  He does show how to make a whistle from a plant stem but that wouln't have helped Joe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikeguard01 said:

For those in doubt it was Joe. He's recovering and should be home soon. I let him tell the rest.

Mike

I read about that Wednesday morning. Was concerned about where it was and the lack of posts. Tell him prayers were and are still with him. Looking forward to hearing his observations. When I go out in the waders and gauntlets this time of year, I go alone; tell the wife where and about how long, but that is about it. Some times don't see another soul out there.  To see that happen to someone with so much experience gives pause.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tvr said:

I read about that Wednesday morning. Was concerned about where it was and the lack of posts. Tell him prayers were and are still with him. Looking forward to hearing his observations. When I go out in the waders and gauntlets this time of year, I go alone; tell the wife where and about how long, but that is about it. Some times don't see another soul out there.  To see that happen to someone with so much experience gives pause.

JEEZ I DIDNT KNOW EMAILED HIM AND HAD NO NEWS!

Get well soon Joe!!!

RR

• Like 1

Joe. That story sure scared the heck out of a lot of us. So glad to hear you are going to be OK and my best wishes and prayers to you. Bob 

• Like 1