Finally Downloaded A File

fredmason

My thanks to Steve for storing/providing the info. Minelab CTX 3030 Programs And thanks to UK Gary for writing the instructions of how to gett a file from one place to another in cyberspace.As some or perhaps all of you know I ain't very smart or computer-ish.

However, having a ctx with many options I decided to FORCE my brain to engage and learn to import programs...I read the Minelab directions...but, after several attempts with the same non-results I knew I was missing some important step or steps. I checked on Finds with similar results.

Today I checked the download section and found Gary's directions...after only a few mis-steps I finally succeeded...I know this is like a toddler being proud of getting potty trained...but I am happy to get out of ctx-diapers.

Thank you Steve and Gary

Merry Christmas to all

fred

Good for you Fred.  That is a helpful forum he has there.  I downloaded some of their beach programs and tried to use them here but they have more iron coins than we do.  The sounds confused me so I don't use that one here.

Once you have the files saved in XChange you take them off the 3030 and add them back any time you choose.

Now you can also get the gold programs for your 3030 from Gold Hound

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/797-ctx-3030-on-gold-nuggets-tips-on-settings/

Well;

this Old Dog learned more tricks-maybe when I grow up I will be really smart...haha

I have learned to use the gps and tracking feature, on my ctx...it is pretty dang cool!

I went to the beach and marked my finds and recorded my little tracks...looks like I was dazed, confused or drunk...but it is cool to see an image on GE. 

I am heading to the Dale tomorrow...I think I will play with the gps on the gpz...

By the way, while I do enjoy giving my own self a pat-on-the-back...I mostly post this to encourage techno-timid souls that if I Can than THEY CAN.

Happy New year

fred

• 2 weeks later...

I must say this non-geek person is really loving the gps features on the ctx and the GPZ. While out in the Dale last week I learned to use the gps function with tracking and findpoints. I never expected to use the tracking feature nor did I think I would like using it.

WRONG again.

The tracking feature is an amazing way to see in real time what ground I have covered. The feature also revealed to me after I got home the real amount of wandering I do compared to actually covering a small area thoroughly...

learning really can be fun!

fred

The GPZ GPS will be my next gizmo challenge so prepare yourself for some REALLY dumb questions. I think it might be useful for finding that fantastic rich quarts ledge that Goldbrick and I are zeroing in on.