Coiltek 10x5 Strikes Gold!

After the good results using the new Coiltek 10x5" coil at an iron infested ghost town a few weeks ago, I decided to take it out to one of my hard hit trashy parks and see how it would perform. I've pounded this park with my 11" and 15" coils and thought that it's been thoroughly covered by plenty of detectorists in recent months, so I wanted to see if there was anything left. Since we can't dig plugs in my local parks, I usually just pop targets 8" or shallower. I thought that the Coiltek wouldn't go as deep as the stock 11" in my highly mineralized and fertilized parks so depth wouldn't matter much. Boy was I wrong on all counts!

I decided to just run the stock Park 2 setting ( with iron volume turned down to 4 ) until I got a feel for how the new coil would perfom in the modern trash at "party park" as I call it because of all the bottle caps, ring pulls, pull tabs, and foil, not to mention tons of old iron trash from fill material in the fairly modern park.

I ran with "all metal" horshoe mode turned on most of the time and was surprised at how well targets popped through the iron background chatter. Sometimes I would just get a squeak of a higher tone, but when I shifted my sweep 90° it would lock on and stay locked on. I was getting good target hits from well below 8" and couldn't dig them, but I pulled quite a bit out from the 4-7" range inluding the 14K white gold ring in the photo. Another pleasant surprise was that I could cover the same park area with the 10x5" coil in about the same amount of time as the 11" coil. The 10x5" won't replace the 11", but in my opinion, the Coiltek is definitely a winner.

Coiltek-10x5-Gold.JPEG

Great hunt for you, glad to see it hitting that good on those targets.

I am waiting for one to get in stock and just can't bear it. I really want to get out there with one of those soils.

Good luck and happy hunting!