Are We Seeing The Beginning Of The Next Gold Price Boom?

Is the gold price low? On Jan 3, 2000, the first official price day of the 2Ks, gold stood at US$288.50 per Troy ounce. Been some ups and downs since then but I am happier looking for gold now then I was then, even though a buck is worth a little less now. Anything over $1000 an ounce suits me fine. I am not so sure about over $2000 an ounce because that means a good gold price but probably everything else is doing real, real bad. Be careful what you wish for.

You have a good point. Silver seems really low too but I guess in the past it's probably been worth 50-60 cents an ounce.

• 3 months later...

I don't see much change in gold unless the Dow has at least a 5000 point  correction and or the US slides into recession. A lot could happen after the next presidential election depending on who wins. The "lucky winner" will inherit trillions in government debt and a rickety economy to say the least....if you ask me

Bit of a giggle about OZs financials & I guess the worlds, some truth in it might have a bit to do with this years gold price movement.

" OZ only can afford to buy 2nd hand money printing presses, all the available 2nd hand money presses are worn out"

The Markets are rigged. I use to work for some interesting people, one a  CEO of a major corporation. I asked Mr. ____  if he played the stock market. Mr.____ said to me, " No!, I buy real estate ...." Said when my company is audited, they send in young men who do not know how to ask the right questions....so I don't volunteer any information other than the questions they ask...said books are cooked. The markets are all pyramid schemes .....manipulated by some very smart people who are close to the fire....and they are the ones who benefit most.and are the warmest during the bad times and good times..because they are in the know. So, gold is no different..............Exchange Trade Funds.........and no physical gold or silver. Regardless....gold is pretty high and will continue to cycle over and over again....only when they choose and when it benefits them most.

Tis been a positive year so far for the gold price.

31/12/15         US$1062.25

12/5/16           US$1279.25

Source Kitco London

Who knows from here? but 20%+ this year so far.