Too Hot

Here is my rule for detecting in hot weather: if your clothes catch fire as you get out of the truck, it's too hot.
(bad joke but almost true for many)

Joe D,

Your right!  Covid Shot 😂

Flak,

I’ve lived and worked in the heat.  Before I joined the Military I was a Roofer in Arizona...one hot day on top of a Apartment Building Roof, I seen a Air Force Recruiters Office across the street.  I found myself enjoying their Air Conditioned waiting room eating my lunch!  Long story short, I still enjoy Air Conditioning and a hot patch of fresh nugget!

Rick

With the way it's heating up, I'm gonna have oceanfront property, way before you guys in Arizona! Even Alaska is getting their fair share already this year! 90+ in Juneau this week!! At least the water there, can give some relief! And gold!!🥵👎👎

Of Course, I use to enjoy a nice cool Creek in the hot California Summers.  Those days are long gone, I’m sure of?  I’ve chunked a mountain of Cobbles to get to bedrock to see crevices stuffed with nuggets...miss that part of dredging.

9DD181B7-B5DC-424A-8392-C9FE351767F1.jpeg

That was my favorite way to hunt for gold. There were four summers between 1977 and 1982, where I got to dredge all over the motherlode. They were magical times, and yes Rick, you are right, plenty of gold. 

1 hour ago, flakmagnet said:

That was my favorite way to hunt for gold. There were four summers between 1977 and 1982, where I got to dredge all over the motherlode. They were magical times, and yes Rick, you are right, plenty of gold. 

"Those were the days my friend I thought they would never end" until I helped a couple of beginners get some gold instead of mica in their pans. The next week their mates turned up with 3 dredgers and empty out the spot.   ..........I guess that they were the type that contributed to the closing of dredging with their greed ....... 

These are today’s freshly dug nuggets from a Patch that’s had every metal detector known to man swing on it!  My Buddy, is enjoying his 6000 to say the least.  NorCal, Hydro Pit!

7F2A2108-B044-4DFC-9AAD-F700EA898585.jpeg

I wouldn't call all of those tiny but once you find out that some have been missed ... others follow!  

Good job by your friend.

Mitch, 

A few where right in the heart of the patch, that we pounded.  I know I don’t get every nugget out of a patch, but I do stop going to them if I can’t find anymore and this is one of them old patches!