Suggestions For Future MDT Changes

Dewcon 4414

What you just said is great to hear but can you are anyone else point out improvement over Tarsacci now to the one made two years ago?

I haven’t got to use mine like I’d plan when I bought it but for little as I’ve got to use it I do like the simplicity of it.

Chuck 

On 1/3/2023 at 11:02 AM, Ridge Runner said:

Dewcon 4414

What you just said is great to hear but can you are anyone else point out improvement over Tarsacci now to the one made two years ago?

I haven’t got to use mine like I’d plan when I bought it but for little as I’ve got to use it I do like the simplicity of it.

Chuck 

Chuck,

As far as I know, there was a little revamp in the battery compartment, the stock headphones now screw into the detector port without an adapter, and they made the 12” coil available. I cannot think of anything else since I got mine. Mine was an early one without any of that, but i did get the 12” coil when it came out which I like. 

The simplicity is a lovely thing for sure. Just plain easy with no menus and submenus. My favorite thing is how well it handles bad ground and iron. I have not needed the PI even once since getting this.

I also have not needed the high frequency gold detector since. It finds plenty small as a practical matter for what I do these days.

If only it would stop snowing and get on with that Spring thing I vaguely remember hearing about. 

When sales goes up a company they can afford to put more time in their product to make it better. I’ve have yet to see a ad on the Tarsacci in any mag .A lot of show and tell in some mag goes along way if they can run it in color as we see lots of companies do.

This forum is the best thing that’s happen to Tarsacci on getting its name out there. But the trouble is this is the only forum you will see the word Tarsacci pop up.

Remember the watch ad that said Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. That in my opinion is the Tarsacci .

Chuck 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

When sales goes up a company they can afford to put more time in their product to make it better. I’ve have yet to see a ad on the Tarsacci in any mag .A lot of show and tell in some mag goes along way if they can run it in color as we see lots of companies do.

This forum is the best thing that’s happen to Tarsacci on getting its name out there. But the trouble is this is the only forum you will see the word Tarsacci pop up.

Remember the watch ad that said Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. That in my opinion is the Tarsacci .

Chuck 

Chuck,

You may be forgetting the Dankowski forum and Aaron’s Tarsacci forum. Both had a lot, Tom Dankowski has a thread that would take an entire weekend to read, and Tom is not shy about touting the MDT. The amount of information lost when Aaron gave it up is almost criminal. Every setting on the Tarsacci had it’s own thread. All gone, there one day, gone the next.

I much prefer this forum to all others, the technical expertise is second to none, and it is stable without too much snark. A lot of good information gets shared here, and specific information is easy to find. It is well organized, and that really makes a difference.

For me, it was Keith Southern that made me see the value early on. He posted a lot on Dankowski and Aaron, and his knowledge was pure gold. The Tarsacci works just as he said and I have not regretted my purchase for one second. 

It is impossible to know what Dimitar is up to, and the complete absence of marketing of any kind is baffling, as you say. It just makes no sense, Tarsacci has no public presence aside from the user posts here and elsewhere. Interest in Tarsacci is on the wane obviously, that cannot be good for the bottom line or the future of the company. Perhaps Tarsacci is as big as Dimitar wants it to be. 

I remember Aaron’s forum and he was so helpful but I didn’t know about Tom.

It would be good for Tarsacci if people knew if they getting their monies worth why having to spend 5 hundred more to have one.

One thing if nothing else I like about the Tarsacci and that’s if I know it will sit a while I just remove the batteries. I have one other I can do the same and that’s my 2300 but everything else I have to keep a check on them .

I still want a small elliptical coil say 10X5 but here I sit wishing in one hand and spitting in the other. So why don’t you tell me what one is running over.

Chuck 

38 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

I still want a small elliptical coil say 10X5

Amen to that. Coil selection is limited to big and bigger, and both are heavy epoxy filled. A land coil, and especially a little sniper would be welcome. It is hard not to wonder how a 5x9 would change the character of the machine given the difference the  slightly larger round coil makes.

I also like the battery system, and it came with two(!) batteries that last a long time. 

42 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

It would be good for Tarsacci if people knew if they getting their monies worth why having to spend 5 hundred more to have one.

There is not much chatter on the Tarsacci anymore. No way they would know. More talk here than anywhere, near as I can tell, and not much here. Just not that much interest anymore. There has to be something to generate interest, and it is just not there. 

To someone that does not know better, a Tarsacci is really expensive for the features and coil selection it seems to provide. There is no one making aftermarket coils and accessories for it. No buzz in the community. The company does not seem to take interest in generating any attention for themselves. 

If no one sees any action, people will take their money where the action is. Look at what Deus and MInelab and Nokta Makro are doing with the money you would spend on a Tarsacci. No one is telling the customers why Tarsacci is worth Deus money, but Deus is sure telling them why Deus is. Tarsacci does not listen to suggestions the way Nokta does, even though their customer service is second to none if there is a problem. 

Partly that is inherent in the simplicity of the operation of the thing. Only so much to talk about, and from there on it is only showing off finds. With the more complex machines, there can be endless banter over settings and modes and all the coils you can get. Here there is only one thing, and it is not all that hard.

These are apparent weakness in the company, but the detector is still a good, solid, well built machine and I will be a fan boy no matter what they do. 

Geezer

Everything you said is sad but true and very little we can do.

My Tarsacci can sit in the corner for a month are more and  within a minute all the settings come back to me. I can walk out the door knowing I’ve got it down pat and don’t have the need to look at a manual. I guess it’s made for a simple mined me . I can concentrate on detecting and not on what to do next to get the correct settings I want.

Please don’t get me wrong I do have others like I was talking about but I find as I get older I just like it simple.

Chuck 

• Like 1

Dimitar is working alone and it take some time... I mean effects... he need more time for it. I was spend one year on full of iron medieval place with MDT and DEUS II and NOKTA The Legend. Tarsacci is pure killer. Is easy to setup but harder to get the knowledge. But is almost quiet, and much deeper but also target description is not easy like with Deus and Nokta in harsh conditions. Tarsacci need to polish some features only. That is my opinion.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Tarsacci is pure killer. Is easy to setup but harder to get the knowledge.

There are some good people here that will help with that. You need only ask what you would like to know.

The tarsacci was a good machine when I first got it hunting the sandy river but not as good at parks.  For the next 2 years I didn’t do well with it.  I picked up the D2 in March 2022 and the tarsacci found its way to the closet. 
One thing that left a sour taste in my mouth was I originally bought the tarsacci from Tom Dankowski in Florida to save on taxes here in California  that upsetted  Dimitar because I didn’t buy from a trans-bay detectors in California. When I received my credit card statement it said Trans-bay detectors. I DIDN’T give authorization to do so. I would never buy from Dimitar again.

When Dimitar releases his next detector I hope he does more testing before he releases it.   
He also needs to chime in when there is a question. Don’t expect others to answer for you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1