Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Montana Gold

Nice work and nice gold!

Detecting the mountains is sure a different game than the deserts and prairies. That's some serious work you got going there clearing the land.

Crazy year for bear attacks, we've had a couple down here too already but luckily I think the people all survived this year. I haven't seen any griz for a few years myself but I'm starting to see lone wolves more often now.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jasong said:

Crazy year for bear attacks, we've had a couple down here too already but luckily I think the people all survived this year. 

thunder, lightning, wind, and lots of rain cut todays hunt short but did manage 15-20 tinys.  So I get home about 1:00 and neighbor trots over and tells me that a few minutes before I rolled in a blackie crossed my yard right by garage and strolled onto his place.  Bears in the subdivision happen semi-regularly, even had one on my front porch a few yrs back.  Bears behind every bush in Montana.....

JEEEEEEZE  Reese..... I thought the blowdown up XX creek was bad but that shit on your new claim is triple bad compared to XX creek.....have fun with that...lol

brownie.JPG

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

i have only seen 2 bears in the wild and would mess my pants if i saw a grizzly.
if i was hunting up there i would have at least my 30/06 with me, i don't think a pistol would do the job.
nice gold.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Bishop said:

i have only seen 2 bears in the wild and would mess my pants if i saw a grizzly.
if i was hunting up there i would have at least my 30/06 with me, i don't think a pistol would do the job.
nice gold.

The Ruger Super Redhawk in 454 Casull was made for such moments.

The Alaskan guide's best friend

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1