First And 2nd Finds With The 3030

Terry

In the pass I've had Minelab coin detectors and I find them to be great detectors. I really can't say why I didn't stay with them but I didn't. I too have looked at the CTX and it looks great. I don't think the cost is the issue for me but more it has to do with the weight. I know I got the MX Sport and I'm not sure just how long it will work for me because of it's weight. I'm just not as young and strong as times past.

I'd never came too mind that as time went by a pound on a detector would put me down.That is what we call life. The thing is I'm still waking up on the green side of the grass and I'll push this issue until somebody calls saying it's time to come home. Even then you'll see two black marks with me dragging my feet. I love detecting that much.

Chuck

10 hours ago, fredmason said:

I am confused...the wm connects wirelessly...there is no physical attachment-hense the name, wireless module...

Fred, Maybe I am the one confused.  In reading the manual there is a cover that screws into the waterproof coil plug that was missing  But in my 3030 manual it looked like it was calling it a wireless module thus my confusion. 

It also was calling the Module that clips on your shirt or where ever one chooses, the wireless module so I was certainly confused.

Terry

I get on this website and time goes by fast.  Someone recently made a comment about retirement saying when your work starts getting in the way of your hobby you know it's time to retire.  That's definitely where I am at in life.  Just a couple more weeks --- No I gotta get to my homework. 

Terry

11 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I don't think the cost is the issue for me but more it has to do with the weight. I know I got the MX Sport and I'm not sure just how long it will work for me because of it's weight. I'm just not as young and strong as times past.

Chuck,

I know what you mean.  I'm 66 and hoping the weight of the 3030 won't be too much.  If it is I'll just strap on my harness and bungie for my GPX.  Light weight does often convert to more pleasant though so I totally understand.  Not being a Minelab guy, somehow I ended up with 3 of them and I don't think I'll regret it for the uses I need them for.  I kinda liked the possibilities of the Sport and if it becomes what it was meant to be I think you will be real happy with it.  

Terry

Terry

Sometime things are people can make you happy. I'm not going to say the MX Sport will do that. I do hope the MX Sport and myself working together will make it happen. I can't put a time on this but I'll will be giving it my best. So until then I wish both of us the best of luck with our detectors.

Chuck

Guest Tnsharpshooter

I use a harness on my CTX if the hunt is going to be longer in duration.

The handle angle of the CTX,, makes it hard for me to get the coil closer to my feet to lessen weight effects.

A ring can be tie strapped to the carbon fiber shaft,and clip on harness and go.

The MX Sport felt a lot like my CTX when I picked one up in a shop to look at and sweep just a little.

7 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

So until then I wish both of us the best of luck with our detectors.

Amen!

20 hours ago, fredmason said:

I am confused...the wm connects wirelessly...there is no physical attachment-hense the name, wireless module...

I think my brain has turned to shrapnel or worse.  Previously, I meant to say the part that was missing is a cover that attaches on the back of the 3030 to the waterproof "headphone connector" (I had previously said the coil connector though I know the difference).  I re-looked at the manual and they are calling it the headphone module not the wireless module as I previously stated.  The mind is a terrible thing to waste but maybe too late for me on that one.  :blink:  My mind does half work as I went to bed last night thinking "did I write Coil connector instead of headphone connector"? But I was too tired to check at the time.  

20 hours ago, fredmason said:

I think my brain has turned to shrapnel or worse.  Previously, I meant to say the part that was missing is a cover that attaches on the back of the 3030 to the waterproof "headphone connector" (I had previously said the coil connector though I know the difference).  I re-looked at the manual and they are calling it the headphone module not the wireless module as I previously stated.  The mind is a terrible thing to waste but maybe too late for me on that one.  :blink:  My mind does half work as I went to bed last night thinking "did I write Coil connector instead of headphone connector"? But I was too tired to check at the time.  

haha...no one could be less qualified to give technical advice than me...direction from Minelab have always been a trial for me.

I just recently realized that the screw that holds the headphone connector on to the detector is not the same as the plug that goes on the detector headphone-connector...you have to live it to understand.

you will love the CTX once you get aquainted.

fred