Is The Axiom Our New King???????

Steve is pretty much spot on.  As our nugget hunting grounds are depleted or shrinking by ownership changes we are forced to buy an expensive detector just to stay in the game.  Unlike parks, yards and beaches, our gold hunting grounds are not being replenished.  I'm pleased with the GPX 6000, aided by a Gold Bug 2 and hope for a few more years of "just getting out into the hills."

• Like 6

Many Thanks Steve and GC, if you ask my grandson what`s King he`ll tell you the 6K, can you see a 11year old newbie swinging anything but a VLF, 6K or Axiom for 6 hours, 3 days in a row and enjoy it. If I could only afford one PI detector it`d be a toss up between the 6K and the Axiom, the 6K simple light easy to use, GeoSense auto that bangs on subgrammers at depth, the Axiom lighter, more complicated with multiple control settings to play with, a screen that shows the current GB settings with lightning fast couple of short pumps manual GBing and sensitivity control that goes to an insane max for us that like Steves Insane Settings or a very capable min for newbies with a rock solid adjustable threshold.

Brogansown, that is this old codgers aim also, a few more years of "getting out into the hills". Life is good.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Norvic said:

sensitivity control that goes to an insane max for us that like Steves Insane Settings or a very capable min for newbies with a rock solid adjustable threshold.

Yeah, people have me to blame if they don't like things pushed beyond the limits. I have to admit that running the Axiom quiet has been looking more appealing to me over time, as running hot and noisy is very tiring, and I'm not sure it's worth it for more than a limited time. A case can be made that good targets get lost in the noise, or missed due to fatigue, and it's a pretty good case for sure. But when I'm on a small area where I've just pulled 20 bits, having the ability to really jack it up is very welcome.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yeah, people have me to blame if they don't like things pushed beyond the limits. I have to admit that running the Axiom quiet has been looking more appealing to me over time, as running hot and noisy is very tiring, and I'm not sure it's worth it for more than a limited time. A case can be made that good targets get lost in the noise, or missed due to fatigue, and it's a pretty good case for sure. But when I'm on a small area where I've just pulled 20 bits, having the ability to really jack it up is very welcome.

Having the option to go with insane settings or dialing right back for a quiet no drama time is the go. I do imagine that there will be times Garrett wish they didn`t give the consumer that option but I wish to thank Garrett for that option. Thus I suspect the knockers can blame many more than just you Steve, as long as we don`t grow fat and lazy on the popcorn.🤪

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/15/2022 at 7:09 PM, Norvic said:

Wow, the Axioms no underperforming slouch, it`s a performer right up there and not just at the heels of the 6K, in time I suspect those settings, the manual GB option, speed options,  no coil chip etc will make it this old codgers King, now to work it hard and get over that Placebo effect. I`m excited............😁

I have not been on DP in a while as I was out of country testing another new detector. I return and now trying to get caught up with detector sales for Christmas.  A little bird left me a message to check DP and I was impressed, happy and feel relieved all at the same time.

I get branded "he's a dealer and of course he is going to talk it up", by so many people.  Those who know me and my staff best also understand and I have said a 1000X, I'm a happy go lucky, don't give a shit what brand or model detector I am using, kind of guy.  But, I do want to be most certain when I am in the field, that I'm using what I consider the best detector (tool) for the task. 

To see you "Norvic", a well known and educated Aussie Prospector step out of your comfort zone and try something different and at the same time agree with what Steve H and I have been sharing and talking all year on PI's and the capabilities of the Garrett Axiom, is so refreshing.  Buddy, you don't know how relieving it is to hear your comments.  That title you made is not salesmanship at all and I appauld you 100%.  Sure there is debate and I'm not saying the Axiom is KING, but that dadgum detector is a true performer, true high end PI option and at a great value.  What we've said all along, it also has features and capabilities my GPX-6000 or the GPZ-7000 does not.  In no way has any of us said it beats any of the others, but the facts are that will hold it's own and at the price point we get it in the USA, shows that Garrett has arrived.

Glad to see others starting to post their expereinces and thoughts on another high end option for us crazy gold hunters.

Thank you Norvic for making my day and Steve H for pushing the Hyper Mode.  Options are what we like.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Thank you Norvic for making my day and Steve H for pushing the Hyper Mode.  Options are what we like.

Ah no no the thanks is to Steve and you Gerry and of course Garrett for listening to you folks, I like that Hyper Mode big time although have only gone to 10 briefly on a number of occasions, just to push, much more comfy using on 4 until I`ve got me wings. Heh I`ve put not a lot of hours behind it as yet but it`s challenging my 6Ks King title and because I`m not running DP as Steve is or a detector dealer as you are, it is easy for me to dub a detector a King when I believe it is so. In time DP will hear from a lot more of us downunderites as I`m sure the Axiom will prove itself not just in its homeland but in MLs.

• Like 4

Ah ha Gold Ryder you know something about the Axioms ability? Fill us in mate so we all know the go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2