Hello From Central Ohio

OhioHunter

I have lurked this forum for a little while, mostly because someone would reference a topic. I am greatly enjoying the format and atmosphere here.

I have been metal detecting for little more than 20 years. I remember a fellow stopping by my childhood home in the early 80's to metal detect our yard. He let me listen to the sound of a coin in the ground I was fascinated!

Fast forward 20 years, I was gifted a $99 Bounty hunter for Christmas. I remember using a large spoon in the snow and frozen ground that day! After getting my feet wet with this detector for about a year, I decided that I wanted something better. So I ran to a Wall Mart and purchased a Bounty Hunter 505. I found a ton of stuff for about 9 years with that detector! Found my first reale and large cent with that thing. I even managed a 1877 IHP with that detector! Had a buddy tell me he could clean it up, he toasted it unfortunately 🥺

I started my own business in 2009 manufacturing electronic cigarettes and had a bit more time on my hands. Found a metal detecting forum and soon retired the BH505 for a brand new minelab Etrac. I miss that Etrac! I fell victim to the hype that forums can generate and bought and tried many detectors. The detectors I have used included Minelab Etrac, Garrett Infinitum, Teknetics G2, T2, F75, CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nautilus DMB IIB, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Compadre, Whites DFX, Minelab Sovereign, Makro CF77, Amfibio Multi, Simplex, and The Legend. I have since reduced my stable to only 3 detectors, Amfibio, Simplex and the Legend.

I mostly solo detect parks, schools, and older homesites. Oldest coin is a 1785 reale.  Always open to hunting with others in the Knox County area!

• Like 6

Welcome OhioHunter.

... And I wouldn't get too caught up in the hype just yet either 😀 a lot of new machines, but a lot of shaking out needs to be done. 🙄

I'm a Vaper myself, started in '12, ending an illustrious career of cigarette smoking from 14 to 52. It's a blessed alternative. Do you make custom gear?

You seem to have a decent stable of machines, and it seems like you're doing well. We have a great bunch of people here, many Nokta fans. If you have any questions in sure they will jump in. Nokta watches this forum.

I've only been detecting for 2 years but have already amassed a lot of great finds because of where I live and the generous folks who let me hunt their land. I enjoy Minelab and XP detectors. I read about a lot of folks who Revere the Etrac, haven't had the pleasure.

Good luck in your endeavors, and let's see what ya get from time to time!

Don't forget to hit the follow button below so you'll get notifications when people respond. 👍

• Like 2

Welcome from East Texas.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Welcome OhioHunter.

... And I wouldn't get too caught up in the hype just yet either 😀 a lot of new machines, but a lot of shaking out needs to be done. 🙄

I'm a Vaper myself, started in '12, ending an illustrious career of cigarette smoking from 14 to 52. It's a blessed alternative. Do you make custom gear?

You seem to have a decent stable of machines, and it seems like you're doing well. We have a great bunch of people here, many Nokta fans. If you have any questions in sure they will jump in. Nokta watches this forum.

I've only been detecting for 2 years but have already amassed a lot of great finds because of where I live and the generous folks who let me hunt their land. I enjoy Minelab and XP detectors. I read about a lot of folks who Revere the Etrac, haven't had the pleasure.

Good luck in your endeavors, and let's see what ya get from time to time!

Don't forget to hit the follow button below so you'll get notifications when people respond. 👍

I had to close up shop in early 2015 as far as the electronic cigarettes. China cloned my best selling unit, and I was unable to keep up with the pace the industry was going. Probably a good thing too, I managed to sell over 25,000 units world wide and didn't have an incident that could have caused a lawsuit.

• Like 2