Friendly Metal Detecting Forum

Below is the latest FMDF's owner got from the server company he uses..... 

So the engineers are going to build a new server which has better specs: 
Once thats built, they are going to attempt to connect/mount the drive form the old server so they can migrate the data to the new server. 
I will update you as they update me.

It could take awhile for us to be back up and running, but we will!

4 hours ago, SeabeeRon said:

Below is the latest FMDF's owner got from the server company he uses..... 

So the engineers are going to build a new server which has better specs: 
Once thats built, they are going to attempt to connect/mount the drive form the old server so they can migrate the data to the new server. 
I will update you as they update me.

It could take awhile for us to be back up and running, but we will!

Thanks for the update, Ron! The engineers using the word "attempt" makes me a little nervous about data loss, but as a recovering engineer myself, I'm staying optimistic that that is just doom-and-gloom engineer-speak. Looking forward to everything being back up and running when able!

3 hours ago, SeabeeRon said:

Won't see any from me but Tom_CA did well!

Haha, yes, several buddies and I have been "all over this".  Santa Cruz main beach got "overpowered" .  Ie.:  flattened, and just brought down fluffy dry sand on to the wet.  But other beaches in Monterey bay got benefited.  I'm at about 10 pieces of gold now, lots of silver coins, and tons and tons of clad.   The beach that's been the best for me (as far as target count) has an unfortunately poor ratio of gold jewelry.  But is giving up silver coins.   Albeit beach toast, but .... I love 'em still  🙂

Keep an eye on Santa Cruz main and Seabright in the coming days and weeks .  Because they are known for having their action come AFTER the event.  Because mother nature can be robbing sand off the inter-tidal zone, to fill in off-shore voids that occurred during the events.  

A buddy of mine tried the main beach last night, and had 120-ish coins, some silver jewelry, and a 14k ring.  But ... aside from a singular pocket near the river mouth, the rest were scattered.  So it hasn't turned red-hot yet.

Haven't heard any reports from Seabright yet.  Anyone here heard ?

17 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Haven't heard any reports from Seabright yet.  Anyone here heard ?

Nothing else from here as I have not been able to get back there since we last spoke (work and commitments) but might head over there Sat am despite the crappy tides and have a look around the main beach and surrounding areas on that north part of the bay. I'll be in touch if I do. 

strick

20 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Santa Cruz main beach got "overpowered" .  Ie.:  flattened, and just brought down fluffy dry sand on to the wet. 

My go to beaches fall into this category so the gold didn't come to me.  I did 'go to the gold' and got one gold ring the other night.

20 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

they are known for having their action come AFTER the event.  Because mother nature can be robbing sand off the inter-tidal zone, to fill in off-shore voids that occurred during the events.  

We have some of those beaches here when the wind, wave and tides all come together in the right mix to make golden patches in the sands.