Two In The Hole - Again! Coins, Relics (update)

F350Platinum

Really very nice!

7 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

It looks for boring into wood.

I thought so too, but the base looks odd. Could also have been used in reverse to spin the disc. 

4 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Wow, you're hot on the silver trail once again, F350, congrats! And you got a shield nickel too, well done! 

Thanks Cap'n, for some reason the silver keeps coming. It's the easiest metal to find, but it hasn't been for me until I got some new permissions. Best found randomly where you wouldn't expect it.

I bumped reactivity to 2 in that spot, may have something to do with it. There's a lot of iron and junk around where the house was, even more in the old garage area.20230215_164918.thumb.jpg.44910f92bfb76c457b68ad859f1f9002.jpg

They must have had a Ford Model T or two in this garage. Dug a hubcap (my avatar) here along with a couple of valve covers that look like screwdriver handles.

1 hour ago, ColonelDan said:

Good job Soldier!

Thanks Colonel, the SLQ was about 6 or 7 inches deep, left its impression on the plug.20230215_145112.thumb.jpg.f6f0cab19f776c5fa73e14696cd9a4be.jpg

I suspect that the inch or two of rain we got a couple days ago made things pop a bit.

That sure is a beautiful old homesite with the Daffodils blooming & paired Cedar trees.  It always makes me smile to see flowers planted long ago by people long gone still bringing joy to what was left behind. It kind of puts things in perspective.

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Bob, thanks for another killer outing.  You were indeed the silver slayer. No silver for me this time out, but some killer and unusual finds nevertheless.  Still doing some research on some of my finds and will post separately.  

Just got my coil over the silver 🙂🍀 it's there, probably more. Always a blast to have ya down. 👍

15 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks! Try as I might I can't see the "D" with a loupe, but it sure looks like it in the photo 😀 I'll have to count but my silver count for this year is much higher.

I think I have some of that nickel stuff around, never used it. Wish I could get a date from the shield nickel too. 😵

Sure looks like one, although smooshed a bit. 😄 The nickel date restorer will work on any nickels, but will probably take a couple more applications for the Shield due to it's tiny date.