Deus II Or Equinox 900

Just took my Deus 2 to a beach this week, I'm still here, and I'm finding it finds just about everything. It's not a high end beach so there's not a lot of gold, but I'm seeing it find tiny stuff even with the 13".20230421_105729.thumb.jpg.0950ed1a6e440ecb6abe80819201113e.jpg

Two tiny bits with a Zincoln for scale.20230420_180559.thumb.jpg.1b44c5b6a7ca08562d4066a0bf09acd1.jpg

First time out I nailed a tungsten ring and a bunch of old jewelry bits.

I wouldn't spend a nickel on another detector. 😀

• Like 2

I have already sent bigtim some info via private message on another forum. I own and regularly use the Equinox 900 and Deus 2.

Anyway, I can see a few reasons why bigtim might want to use an Equinox 900 versus Deus 2 which he already owns.

One is the really easy to read display. If he is having trouble seeing the Deus 2 remote display I personally can understand that along with the ease of use of the Equinox 900 versus Deus 2 interface in general.

I also really prefer to be able to switch from SMF to single frequency within the Park, Field and Gold modes by just hitting the frequency button.

I definitely prefer the easy, unlimited single digit notching on the Equinox 900 compared to the weird, cumbersome, very limited notching of Deus 2.

Small target sensitivity difference especially using the Equinox Gold modes versus Deus 2 Goldfield and Relic modes has already been mentioned.

Finally, for occasional water use such as I am at the beach or at a lake just working the shoreline and I decide to just get the coil submerged a bit, hopefully I brought my Deus 2 antenna wire. No worries with the Equinox 900.

Conversely, I could make a substantial list of the things about Deus 2 that I like better than similar things about Equinox 900. Weight for me would be near the bottom of that list by the way. These are all very lightweight, easy to swing detectors depending on the coils being used.

Otherwise, so far for me anyway, there is no way that I would sell my Deus 2 and replace it with an Equinox 900. That does not mean one is overall better than the other. They both have strengths and weaknesses that do not match up and instead support each other.

If bigtim said he wanted to sell his Deus 2 and buy a Manticore.......that would be an entirely different discussion. 

• Like 5