Beach Guys> Beach Low Conductor

midalake

Hi Bill…I’m going out tomorrow morning and will certainly check out that Deep Mode. I think our water will be too rough to get in so it’s the wet sand for me. I’ll hunt in deep and switch to low to check the target and see how things go. Thanks for the post!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, abenson said:

Yea I personally use deep most of the time and have done since I got the Manticore.

Do you use tones or the prospecting audio?

1 minute ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

I think my buddy told me that Deep defaults to prospecting audio.

I’m going to have a very restless night sleeping. Can’t wait for the morning light! 😂 

2 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Let me share a short story with you.  A buddy of mine has a Manticore.  I do not.  He, like so many others, was following NASA Tom's low conductor recommendation and was lamenting his not finding gold in the wet sand at Santa Monica. 

I took it upon myself to read the manual online and found this:

Deep
Salt water beach detecting for small or thin metal objects such
as fine jewellery, with aggressive settings for maximum depth
Suitable for dry and wet sand.

My buddy wasn't familiar with the setting.  He decided to try it the next morning at Santa Monica.

In "Deep" he got a good, strong signal that he thought might be gold (I don't recall the number).  He switched to low conductor and the detector would barely read it, even when he boosted the sensitivity.  He said he would have walked right over it.

He dug down what he estimated to be 12"/13".  He recovered a 10K diamond ring.

I'm not dissing NASA Tom in any way.  Just saying that the guys that write these manuals know a thing or two about their detectors, right?  Maybe they are worth reading.

Thanks for that info! I'll give it a try next time in Hawaii. I know a beach that I can't wait to try it on!

2 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

In "Deep" he got a good, strong signal that he thought might be gold (I don't recall the number).  He switched to low conductor and the detector would barely read it, even when he boosted the sensitivity.  He said he would have walked right over it.

Or you heard from me, 😇 who started the thread. 

2 hours ago, okara gold said:

Do you use tones or the prospecting audio?

No I use 1 region all tones with normal audio, profile medium. Don't care for the prospecting audio. 

Deep is doing it for me .

• Like 2