Listening To Podcasts While Using D2 By Using Audio Adaptor And Splitter

619_805_okie

Has anyone tried to listen to audio from their phone while detecting w the d2 yet? I was thinking you could possibly connect the 3.5 mm out adaptor to one side of an audio splitter and the 2nd port could connect to your phone via a 3.5 mm cable. Then connect the single end to your aftermarket 3.5 mm headphones.... any thoughts? Am i overcomplicating this? I really want to listen to the podcasts while im detecting... since i already listen to about 3 hrs worth per day!

• The title was changed to Listening To Podcasts While Using D2 By Using Audio Adaptor And Splitter

13 hours ago, 619_805_okie said:

Has anyone tried to listen to audio from their phone while detecting w the d2 yet? I was thinking you could possibly connect the 3.5 mm out adaptor to one side of an audio splitter and the 2nd port could connect to your phone via a 3.5 mm cable. Then connect the single end to your aftermarket 3.5 mm headphones.... any thoughts? Am i overcomplicating this? I really want to listen to the podcasts while im detecting... since i already listen to about 3 hrs worth per day!

That's some multitasking right there! 😆 It should work fine. Both audio sources would merge into the aftermarket headphones and you could control the audio levels from each device.

It is not my intention to be judgmental or condisending here because to each his own.But I have one question and that is why?

8 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

It is not my intention to be judgmental or condisending here because to each his own.But I have one question and that is why?

When I’m detecting I’m all about detecting !!! My friend Joe hunts with his eyes closed. That is my mind set. All about the detector. By the way he like me is primarily a water hunter. I have been diggin in the dirt though lately. Same applies. My ears are all about the machine. Good luck everybody!

6 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

Because i want to listen to podcasts while i detect... I get a few hrs a night of freedom and would love to learn from podcasts while i detect.

2 minutes ago, 619_805_okie said:

Because i want to listen to podcasts while i detect... I get a few hrs a night of freedom and would love to learn from podcasts while i detect.

Fair enough.You must have amazing hearing and concentration to pull that off.The best of luck to you and thanks for replying and satisfying my curiosity.

39 minutes ago, 619_805_okie said:

88EB5A03-A3A0-4BD9-875F-AB535C04A991.jpeg

I could see this in some circumstances. I love podcasts and I love detecting. When I’m cherry picking for deep silver or covering a large field it would be nice to have something to listen to in between targets. 

619_805_okie

I use a clip on headphone adaptor for Deus audio through a wired earbud in my right ear. I then use a pair of Shokz bone conduction headphones for podcasts/music/phone calls. Super easy to pause audio with the buttons on the Shokz.

I found some nifty small padded zippered cases that just fit the ear puck and adaptor, hung from a lanyard around my neck.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y7Y15IQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

May sound stoopid, but I use my right ear for the Deus audio, I'm a "left brained" thinker.