Just Picked Up The X-Terra Pro

My X-Pro is working well, pulled this collector coin out of my yard where the nox has detected quite a few times, I was really surprised. I think any experienced user will have no trouble finding good targets. It's target ID is very similar to the M-Core (jumpy) and it also seems to shift up/down the scale a bit when changing frequencies. I have dug several rivet heads, they look like tiny aluminum washers, its sensitive. I think it would keep up with most detectors costing twice as much. A comparison between the Vanquish and X-pro would be interesting. 

PXL_20230518_231852585.jpg

PXL_20230518_231921768.jpg

• Like 6

When you say jumpy, that can be a good thing, it could mean the machine is not locking on targets too aggressively. Once your onto a target try to isolate it and tighten up your passes over it. Also hit it in different angles.

I do quite a bit of hunting with a Gold Racer that doesn't lock onto targets and this can be helpful when sniffing out targets that are mixed. I often find coin spills, pocket knives, even found an old silver plated whip handle that had an iron screw through it.

Nice token.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 3:42 PM, George Kinsey said:

I really like the detector. May keep it around for a week or so. Just me. Hard not to like. I'm a tall man and it will extend just fine. A little top heavy with the stock coil. More later.

How about the tests, do you like it?...

I am already preparing the 5mm. neoprene to start diving first hour in the morning.

I have high hopes, in my case, on the beach; wonderfull.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2023 at 4:39 PM, relicmeister said:

I was in love with my Xterra 705 but sold it to get my equinox. Just sold my Legend and bought me an Xterra pro.
Will keep it in my car and use it secondarily to my Deus2. if you think that doesn’t make sense that’s fine. I do lots of things that don’t make sense to anyone but myself. 

That makes sense to me, the Equinox and Legend are much the same aren't they ? How does the Deus 2 stack up against the Equinox and Legend ? I've been watching it from a distance but at twice the price, I'm wondering if it's worth it. Yes I've still got my 705, I keep it as a spare. When the Pro came out I thought, considering the coils are interchangeable with my Equinox 800 I would sell my 705 and replace it with the Pro. No takers, even at a low price so I'll keep it, I'm not bothered however, I like it.

• Like 1

Target id differences between frequencies means the scales are not normalized (mapped to one frequency). Not necessarily a bad thing but can mess up your tone breaks.

Can you do custom setting saves per frequency?

Similarly the Multi Kruzer/Anfibio have both normalized and standard scaling  but no custom saves so I end up using normalized to preserve my breaks between frequencies.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 5:59 PM, StarVatrex said:

How about the tests, do you like it?...

I am already preparing the 5mm. neoprene to start diving first hour in the morning.

I have high hopes, in my case, on the beach; wonderfull.

Having back trouble . Possible surgery. No time to get out now.

• Sad 4
  • Oh my! 1

I hope the Pro wasn't a back breaker!

On 6/5/2023 at 9:20 AM, George Kinsey said:

Having back trouble . Possible surgery. No time to get out now.

Nope. 72 years of hard work.

• The title was changed to Just Picked Up The X-Terra Pro