Website Rollback - New Update ×

Deus 2 Short Curb Strip Hunt Gold

Nice hunt and a great find on the ring.

Good luck on your next outing, stay safe out there.

• Like 1

Nice hunt, Jeff. ? I think if I had curb strips anywhere it would be fun to hunt them. That's everything you dug? I too really appreciate the D2's tight discernment of targets, it's quite reliable, and your head gets to do the discrimination.

Cool that nearly all the pull tabs were identical in shape, and that you did a "real world" test of SMF vs. SF.

It all has a nice ring to it ? Congrats and thanks.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice hunt, Jeff. ? I think if I had curb strips anywhere it would be fun to hunt them. That's everything you dug? I too really appreciate the D2's tight discernment of targets, it's quite reliable, and your head gets to do the discrimination.

Cool that nearly all the pull tabs were identical in shape, and that you did a "real world" test of SMF vs. SF.

It all has a nice ring to it ? Congrats and thanks.

Deus 2, Equinox 900 and the Legend all have "tight discernment" of targets from my experience until targets start to be deep enough to be at the edge of detection. That really helps me when I am deciding how to hunt a modern aluminum and steel alloy trashed area. Some places I hunt have more spread out targets so I can dig everything that sounds good or has consistent enough numbers to get my attention. At other places like the curb area I hunted in the write-up, there is absolutely no way to dig even a tenth of the targets since there are just way too many. It's like hunting a carpet of rusty nails infested site except that the carpet of targets are nearly all non-ferrous.

Those targets on the plate are the only ones I dug except for two aluminum screw caps that had US quarter target ID numbers that got tossed out with a dozen or so steel crown bottle caps that were on the surface. I really stuck to my plan of just digging the good sounding nickel and silver range targets. I wasn't notching anything and I will definitely go back to that spot and concentrate on other likely aluminum/gold target IDs in the 50s and 70s on another day since I heard a ton of them.

The area I hunted was about 30 feet long and 10 feet wide and the amount of targets in that tiny area that Deus 2 audibly detected is ridiculous.

• Like 9

Great hunt, Jeff,and congrats on the gold ring! Well Done! ?

I saw in another post that curb strips were loaded with coins with very little trash, but in my city curb strips, I find the opposite, specially downtown or near parks. Curb strips here are basically where everybody dumps the trash out of their cars and even the hobos dump zincolns there. ?

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 7:00 PM, strick said:

Good work Jeff...Those broken pull tabs I'm always hopeful that it's a possible gold ring... On the pull tabs We have all dug out share of them...at one point I was saving just for fun...but that got old quick ?

strick 

20170717_203619.jpeg

You're gonna need a chiropractor in a few years strick. ?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Dcraun said:

That was a great read thanks for sharing your settings too!

Thanks.

Those settings and hunt strategy are just one way to try to make some headway in a very heavily modern trashed area. They work for me if I want to find some coins and sometimes I get lucky with a ring or two.