Minelabs X-Terra Pro.... Anyone Enjoying Theirs?

On 5/20/2023 at 5:19 AM, StarVatrex said:

......That piece came out at the doors of my house, first day; just taken out of the box. I live on the seashore and that area has been detected for years too!

It was deep, about 10' inches, but it's not so much deep?! ...No ???

Take a good look at the photos, it's broken at the bottom...It was a weak signal, forget about the ID, but I could hear that clean tone in the background that I adore. Among all those familiar iron growls.

Curious. 

And for the price of a coil. Master play!! 😎

Screenshot_2023-05-20-10-28-54-510_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Screenshot_2023-05-20-10-38-33-290_com.miui.gallery.jpg

That Ring Even Has A letter M  Engraved on It.... That's A Perfect Advertising Plug If I Ever Saw One... Great Finds...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, The Pest said:

That Ring Even Has A letter M  Engraved on It.... That's A Perfect Advertising Plug If I Ever Saw One... Great Finds...

...deserved to be fixed at a jewelry store. That's how it has remained.

IMG-20230427-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20230427-WA0008.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/30/2023 at 5:39 PM, bigtim1973 said:

Did not know where to put this so I placed it here in the eq forum. 

Who is enjoying their new xterra pro??

I have one and it is a well made unit but I am finding it to be more of a tone ID unit since the VDI numbers fly around a bit.

Now with that said....it still picks goodies out of the trash...and it does ID a coin in clean ground.....but do not expect any miracles on accurate ID at average  depths much less deeper targets. 

But if you put a stock 11 inch equinox coil on it it does calm the numbers down a bit with more accurate ID in my soil. 

My ground conditions are mild. I am afraid that you fellows who live in high ground mineralization will be disappointed if the area you live in have those conditions. 

Anyways.....what are some of your thoughts on it?

I like my Terra Pro. It does well on the beach .

The numbers are bit jumpy but then again i have seen that on my 900 and seen it on the Manticore on youtube video's. 

The only thing i would like to see is a way to knock out those damned jagged edged crown caps which come in at a high number even though they are made of Iron.

14 hours ago, Nuke em said:

I like my Terra Pro. It does well on the beach .

The numbers are bit jumpy but then again i have seen that on my 900 and seen it on the Manticore on youtube video's. 

The only thing i would like to see is a way to knock out those damned jagged edged crown caps which come in at a high number even though they are made of Iron.

Right, they've gone upstairs with the sterling silver. And they sound good...

We don't have an iron filter so all you can do is slow Recovery Speed (to 1) and listen well for that 'looooong' tone, it's slightly shrill with every swing. If you slowly approach the top of the coil, negative ID's will appear.

I'm finding more Silver than with the Nox 800 without a doubt. It is also true that it sounds throughout the extended scale, not just above and with that easily recognizable high-pitched squeal. I explain...

This men's chain came out on an ID around 24-26. The Pandora bracelet rang very low, between 14-18. That heavy ring came out in an amazing 94-95 ID.

The thin women's rings with stones jump around 42-48 and the heaviest around 74-82.

I think it's better to cover the screen with a piece of duct tape... 😂

It works well on the beach. Yeah...

IMG_20230528_105553.jpg

IMG_20230529_152826.jpg

• Like 2

...and Silver keeps coming out. That ring in a solid 58-62. I like it, and very clear tones.

I must have been around 150 hours now, it's addictive.

I give you a couple of configurations to work on the beach, always focused on the search for gold; that is what I like:

- Dry sand,

PARK 2 -15kHz-, Automatic Ground Balance (no tracking), Sensitivity 14-16 (You do not need more, it is clear and higher up you will only get false signals), All metal ON, I have advanced the tone break by 1 point, so from an ID -4 I get a low and sweet tone, there is deep gold there. Threshold at 9, volume at 21, 5 tones and Recovery Speed at 2.

Over the years I have stopped working on dry sand a bit, I know it's a mistake, but I have more fun in the water...

- Wet sand,

BEACH 1 -8kHz-, Manual Ground Balance to 0-6 (I like slightly positive), No tracking too, Sensitivity 18-20, All metal ON ( in this way I have advanced the tone break  1-2 clicks, so from an ID -4 or -8). It depends on how much you want that night to get deep iron, maybe gold!?... Threshold at 9-10, volume at 21-23 and Recovery Speed 2 and sometimes 1 (when I try to find a good patch slowly). The audio capabilities of this detector are incredible. I was impressed with dP but have gone back to 5 tones. I need the flutes for that deep gold.

With experience I have learned to listen to that deep iron. I reduce the speed to 1 and listen... If I like it I dig it!...from time to time...Bang! Gold!!!!

- Diving and deep wading,

It's real IP 68 (finally...).

- BEACH 2 -8 kHz-, Automatic Ground Balance (with coil underwater), Tracking ON, Sensitivity 14 to Up as such as you can. I prefer clean tones at the cost of sacrificing depth, yes, but diving things change... All metal ON, audio VCO (dP) and Recovery Speed 1.

I use waterproof DETECT-ED Headphones.

As a base in an easy saline soil it serves, from there with perseverance and a little luck the entertainment is assured!

😎

IMG_20230605_103953.jpg

IMG_20230604_100705.jpg

IMG_20230604_100644.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Airtemisa said:

@StarVatrex ,do you own an Equinox? If yes, how do you compare Xterra vs Equinox? 

Thanks for sharing your configs!

Yes, I have a Nox 800 too.

Keep in mind that Nox came out in 2017. It's been about 6 years. Would you compare two mobile phones 6 years apart?...

It's much faster, more responsive, the audio is better, and now you have flashlight and vibration. The battery lasts twice as long and mechanically it turns a thousand times.

It's IP68 certified, hard to compare. Without forgetting that it's "only" SF...

They are different machines. As a backup of your Nox I do recommend it to take in the car. It's a winning bet!

I was out wading last night with the full Strawberry Moon. It's amazing, finish off with Vibrate ON, 5 Tones and Flashlight and Screen ON. All the fish playing around me. Incredible.

It was the night of Stainless Steel...

Around here, a fellow with Nox has already ordered another one as well.

IMG_20230606_073519.jpg

IMG_20230606_073608.jpg

IMG_20230606_073646.jpg

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Airtemisa said:

@StarVatrex ,do you own an Equinox? If yes, how do you compare Xterra vs Equinox? 

Thanks for sharing your configs!

The Terra Pro is like a single freq version of the 900.

Only downside is the lack of crown cap rejection. 

At the price, manageable though.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, StarVatrex said:

Yes, I have a Nox 800 too.

Keep in mind that Nox came out in 2017. It's been about 6 years. Would you compare two mobile phones 6 years apart?...

It's much faster, more responsive, the audio is better, and now you have flashlight and vibration. The battery lasts twice as long and mechanically it turns a thousand times.

It's IP68 certified, hard to compare. Without forgetting that it's "only" SF...

They are different machines. As a backup of your Nox I do recommend it to take in the car. It's a winning bet!

I was out wading last night with the full Strawberry Moon. It's amazing, finish off with Vibrate ON, 5 Tones and Flashlight and Screen ON. All the fish playing around me. Incredible.

It was the night of Stainless Steel...

Around here, a fellow with Nox has already ordered another one as well.

IMG_20230606_073519.jpg

IMG_20230606_073608.jpg

IMG_20230606_073646.jpg

Thanks for your comments StarVatrex.

So, you were wading... I do dive detecting. I own the Seaghost 800 Nox, and I'm thinking also as a backup for diving... A lot of thoughts at the sime time 🤔😂