Minelabs X-Terra Pro.... Anyone Enjoying Theirs?

On 5/1/2023 at 2:09 PM, Dug D said:

I or we didn't mean to strike a nerve bringing up target IDs, my concern is more with my Manticore and pro that seem to jump around the same in ground or even with air tests of coins.  Or square tabs on top of the ground.

The Nox 800 seemed better, maybe only because of the condensed target range, but still seemed better.

I agree a million percent.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...not funny, very funny!!

And it will be paid several times this summer (I think). Last night waves and easterly wind, perfect conditions.

I managed to get a gold ring out of the hole, but I lost it to the next wave...

It sounded like "angels" ID 21 solid, again it will be...If I could get some coins.

I'm already learning to the deep tone. I think for surf is another level...

I'm having a great time.

IMG_20230504_074257.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I will have one Friday. I just sold my Legend which I never bonded with at all. I had an Xterra 705 and it was my most productive time of detecting ever. I loved it but sold it to get a Nox. 
   Now my main detector is my Deus 2. 
i got the XTP as a backup and to keep in my car. Not worried as storage up to 157 Fahrenheit is ok according to Minelab. My car never gets anything close to that- maybe 110 at thee we extreme. 
  I’m even going wired lightweight headphones with the Xterra bc I don’t want to be having to charge wireless ones and don’t want to buy anything additional- just the $265 main purchase. 
  Erratic IDs don’t worry me at all. Not sure I’ll love the 12x9 coil but it is an ideal all rounder. Previous poster said has square non rotatable coil shaft and was hoping for round to make flat when collapsed, so might have to remove for when back packed. However, it isn’t going to be my main detector and there’s a lot I like - plus the 705 was a magic wand to me and I think I’m going to bond to my Xterra pro as well. I’ll let y’all know soon enough. So far this Year getting out to detect has been hard, but that will change now. 

20 minutes ago, relicmeister said:

I will have one Friday. I just sold my Legend which I never bonded with at all. I had an Xterra 705 and it was my most productive time of detecting ever. I loved it but sold it to get a Nox. 
   Now my main detector is my Deus 2. 
i got the XTP as a backup and to keep in my car. Not worried as storage up to 157 Fahrenheit is ok according to Minelab. My car never gets anything close to that- maybe 110 at thee we extreme. 
  I’m even going wired lightweight headphones with the Xterra bc I don’t want to be having to charge wireless ones and don’t want to buy anything additional- just the $265 main purchase. 
  Erratic IDs don’t worry me at all. Not sure I’ll love the 12x9 coil but it is an ideal all rounder. Previous poster said has square non rotatable coil shaft and was hoping for round to make flat when collapsed, so might have to remove for when back packed. However, it isn’t going to be my main detector and there’s a lot I like - plus the 705 was a magic wand to me and I think I’m going to bond to my Xterra pro as well. I’ll let y’all know soon enough. So far this Year getting out to detect has been hard, but that will change now. 

I've had it since the end of March. You're going to love it!!!!

I also sold my Legend, I couldn't tune in with it either...

On the Mw beach I think it is too weighted for high conductors, there is no way to get gold...

Stability runs at 5 in Factory settings, I don't get it, you're losing gold!

Everything that does not "understand" goes to ID 11, in short, an error (in my case).

The X-Terra Pro will be paid soon, It has got more Gold in a month than the Legend in a year.

You will tell us...

IMG_20230516_205358.jpg

IMG_20230516_203707.jpg

IMG_20230516_225737.jpg

...Last night I returned to the same beach, I knew that I had left gold; I could 'almost' smell it.

And I wasn't wrong...

A DANA has passed through the southeast of the Iberian Peninsula and has brought waves of more than 2 meters. You have to go out there and play, now!

The night started with a silver bracelet signed by PANDORA, we're doing well...

A lot of old currency, in Spain pesetas were used before the arrival of the euro.

There were quite a few!

The wind was beginning to take its toll on me, it was the second day in a row and my strength was beginning to falter.

Another silver ring!...

I found a patch where targets kept coming out, another hard coin, a lead bear and BANG!!!!

Gold wedding band.

Almost 10 grams in a couple of nights, thank goodness it was a 'starter' detector.

I have already passed the limit of 100 hours (this weekend I try it with the other coils for real) and I can only say the same as a famous Spanish bullfighter:

Im-presionante!!!

I am exhausted and with a smile that does not fit on my face...😁

IMG_20230519_074540.jpg

IMG_20230516_225746.jpg

IMG_20230514_222832.jpg

IMG_20230519_074621.jpg

I own a Nox 800 and I'm considering buying an XTP for backup and to carry allways in the car... 

Estoy flipando con lo bien que decís que detecta! 

Some people say that it's a deep as Nox 800; those who owns both, what's your impressions? 

I know on a fresh buried clad dime laying flat they are basically the same. But that is as much as I would say. I have pulled so many good coins at angles and in trash with the nox I'm sure the X-pro won't keep up when the going gets really tough.  But its worth every penny of its price, so far I keep find stuff in my own yard, and I've been wandering around my 1/4 acre lot on and off for more than 10 years.  (also I have 4 coils for it)

8 hours ago, Dug D said:

...Its worth every penny of its price, so far I keep find stuff in my own yard, and I've been wandering around my 1/4 acre lot on and off for more than 10 years.  (also I have 4 coils for it)

......That piece came out at the doors of my house, first day; just taken out of the box. I live on the seashore and that area has been detected for years too!

It was deep, about 10' inches, but it's not so much deep?! ...No ???

Take a good look at the photos, it's broken at the bottom...It was a weak signal, forget about the ID, but I could hear that clean tone in the background that I adore. Among all those familiar iron growls.

Curious. 

And for the price of a coil. Master play!! 😎

Screenshot_2023-05-20-10-28-54-510_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Screenshot_2023-05-20-10-38-33-290_com.miui.gallery.jpg

People put far too much importance in the detector and not enough in their own ability, the location they're hunting and last but not least the chance a good target is under their coil at the time.  Let's face it, even the direction you hit the target can change the results.... to many variables to just say one detector found me this in flogged ground and if I wasn't using this detector I would not have found it.

I applaud anyone that does well with a lower cost detector, it means they don't buy into the have to have the best or you'll find nothing mantra that seems ever so common among detector users.

• 2 weeks later...