First Prototype Axiom Cover- What Do You Think?

Thanks for the reminder.  I was primarily talking apparel, pouch, pack, and outerwear color preferences.  As an electrical engineer and veteran working on military electronics systems designs for 40 years, I understand heat issues, especially as they relate to the detector electronics and the havoc that can be caused by dark colored control head covers in direct sunlight.  But you wouldn't necessarily know that based on the proliferation of third party black head covers being offered out there for Nox, etc.

On 6/14/2023 at 11:55 AM, Chase Goldman said:

Thanks for the reminder.  I was primarily talking apparel, pouch, pack, and outerwear color preferences.  As an electrical engineer and veteran working on military electronics systems designs for 40 years, I understand heat issues, especially as they relate to the detector electronics and the havoc that can be caused by dark colored control head covers in direct sunlight.  But you wouldn't necessarily know that based on the proliferation of third party black head covers being offered out there for Nox, etc.

This is also why all the covers I make have a very thin neoprene lining backing the material.  It helps insulate the machine from heat.  Very much like middle eastern countries where they wrap themselves head to toe in lightweight light colored garments to insulate themselves from the sun.

Additionally Minelab has told me they have already put the "NOT HAPPY" on several after market cover designs for the Xterra Pro, The Nox 900 and the Manticore, because they are not allowing an opening for the speaker.  This causes two problems.  It muffles the sound from the speaker as well as the fact that it traps heat inside the cover and makes over-heating worse.

All of my covers are designed in consultation and advice from Minelab to make sure I am designing something that enhances the protection of the machine instead of being detrimental.

Attached are a couple pictures of how we design the back of the Manticore and the Equinox 900 detector covers to make sure we get unimpeded sound and proper heat dissipation.

I also design the cover with a small elastic piece over the charging port.  This protects the gold plated contact charging points, while that elastic allows you to easily insert the charging cable and keep it in place.

Doc

2023-06-02 14.54.37.jpg

2023-06-02 15.09.23.jpg

• Like 2

Doc, I don't suppose you'll be making any for the Garrett Goldmaster 24K.

I'd be interested in this.  Let us know when they're available!

Thanks!

Walt