First Run With V1.1

It was so odd this morning, as I was getting ready to duck out for a few hours to get some more trigger time on the D2 with V1.0 before the afternoon storm came in to see if I could tame this beast, when @abenson posted that XP had released V1.1. What?! I read my emails this morning and didn't see anything about an update from XP. So I logged on and sure enough, there it was. I updated my gear and reloaded a couple of my slightly modded programs and hit a nearby park as there was only an hour or two before a rainstorm was coming in.

The two programs I loaded up are based on Fast with the following settings: (Note that these are based on settings that have worked well in my particular mineralized soil conditions)

Both programs had Max Freq at 40 kHz, Disc= 6.8, Notch= 7-30, Sensitivity= 95, Reactivity= 1.5-2, Audio Response =4, Iron Vol= 7, FE TID= On, High Sqr Audio, but one program in Full Tones with Offset FT= 5, and the other in Pitch. I set Silencer and B.Caps at 0 because I wanted to see if I could. My part of the country (US Rocky Mountains) has a lot of iron and coal in the soil plus it been raining every day for over two weeks so the ground is saturated with water, and in V1.0, the machine ran too hot with Sensitivity in the 90s so I had to use some Silencer and B.Caps just to calm down all the iron noise, and of course there was a lot of falsing.

One of the things that I was going to try was running the Audio Response lower than my usual 5 as suggested by Paystreak in a video. I had no idea that Audio Response was one of the things that was beefed up in V1.0 and it turned out that was one of the major contributors to my falsing problems. Instead I was bumping up the Silencer and B.Caps to quiet the machine down and it was just making things worse in my scenarios.

When I hit the park today with V1.1, I was amazed how quiet the machine ran with no Silencer and no B.Caps with Audio Response only lowered to the stock 4 setting. Also, with AR at 4, target size and depth was much easier to gauge.  Running in Full Tones was glorious again. I really liked Full Tones in V0.71, but it wasn't working well in V1.0 for me (probably because I was running too hot for my conditions), but in V1.1 it's even better! I was able to hear eveything well defined and was able to call almost all of the targets before I dug them. A couple of canslaw pieces fooled me and, to my surprise, a nickel fooled me. I thought it was going to be a pull tab. Speaking of pull tabs, I was able to call almost all of them by lifting the coil and hearing the squeaks in High Sqr Full Tones. Also, checking suspect targets in Deus Mono in 17 kHz with the XY screen correctly exposed all the tabs and iron I encountered today.

The two rusty nails I dug were obvious to me so I used them to test out the Silencer and B.Caps functions while still in the ground. Silencer started to break them up at 2 and almost eliminated the falsing entirely at 4-5. B.Cap handled them well at 3, after testing I set them both back to 0 to continue hunting. I didn't find anything earth-shattering today, that wasn't the mission, but I did find a silver bracelet and my first gold coin! Well gold-colored coin anyway... I almost dropped a duece when I saw that in the hole! 🤣 But I will say I'm impressed that XP managed to get these fixes out in just 10 days after releasing V1.0 and I'm sure there's more to come, but now I feel like my D2 is even a better than before, so thank you, XP!

V1.1-Park-1.JPEG

V1.1-Park-3.JPEG

V1.1-Park-4a.JPEG

V1.1-Park-4b.JPEG

V1.1-Park-2.JPEG

IMG_4723.JPEG

Nice hunt and report , CPT. 👍

Very nice!

Interesting review. Thank you mate!

Thanks for getting out and testing real world, Cap'n! 👍 Looks like you got about rainbow-ed out there, from the Hot Wheels car to the jewelry. 🤣 Love the fine linen and china display as well.

Your report is encouraging, I was still trying to be objective with V1, but apparently they made it a bit easier to be. The audio response bit is intriguing. 🤔

Nice one CPT! I never would have thought that Audio Response could have an impact on falsing. I watched a couple of vids on how well Fast was unmasking in iron in V1.10. Very impressive. Using the offset in Full Tones was a good idea. I can't wait to get out and try it!

1 hour ago, Lodge Scent said:

Nice one CPT! I never would have thought that Audio Response could have an impact on falsing. I watched a couple of vids on how well Fast was unmasking in iron in V1.10. Very impressive. Using the offset in Full Tones was a good idea. I can't wait to get out and try it!

It could be - that is ALL AUDIO amplifying... so the amount of EMI mixed with noise is going up.

10 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

One of the things that I was going to try was running the Audio Response lower than my usual 5 as suggested by Paystreak in a video. I had no idea that Audio Response was one of the things that was beefed up in V1.0 and it turned out that was one of the major contributors to my falsing problems.

Audio response and sensitivity kind of go hand in hand. I hunt in audio 5 at the beach and like to control the rest of the noise with sensitivity. 

Did you try a few points lower of sensitivity at 5? 

Were you able to raise sensitivity when you ran at audio 4 in the update? 

This is where testing targets at fringe depths really helps in knowing your machines performance. 

1 hour ago, midalake said:

Audio response and sensitivity kind of go hand in hand. I hunt in audio 5 at the beach and like to control the rest of the noise with sensitivity. 

Did you try a few points lower of sensitivity at 5? 

Were you able to raise sensitivity when you ran at audio 4 in the update? 

This is where testing targets at fringe depths really helps in knowing your machines performance. 

I use to run Audio Response at 5 in V0.71 but it was not good in V1.0. When I updated to V1.1, I just went with the stock 4 and it was so much more descriptive as to the depth and size of targets that I never tried to raise Audio Response or the Sensitivity.