Got A Nice Pt Ring At The Beach

Spent a couple hours at my favorite beach yesterday and was rewarded with a nice honker of a platinum men's band. Not sure of the exact size or weight yet, but it's probably a 7-8mm regular dome comfort fit between sizes 11-12 and made by benchmark rings. I'm working on locating the person that lost it, but no one reported it at the hotel and it's not on craigslist lost and found. I am really happy for the find, especially since my pt wedding band was stolen in the usps mail last year when I sent it to El Dorado to make an exact copy of it with some my placer gold. Funny thing is that this is the exact same ring as I lost except I wear a size 10 so If I can't find the person that lost it I will try and have it resized. Current retail for $2,240 right now. I know over 20 years ago my wife paid over $3k for the ring that was stolen, but platinum has not risen like gold.

Platinum Band.jpg

IMG_9903.jpg

IMG_9907.PNG

Nice find for sure, what detector did you use and can you remember the ID it came up as.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Nice going on the Plat! Always good to see that in the scoop, And such a fatty too!

Congrats on PLATINUM!!  That’s a winner.