Manticore Software Update - Available Now!

27 minutes ago, Chesroy said:

My buddy uses D2 that performs very well in the plough and has the edge over the nox in my opinion

I have heard the same thing, but I'm not sure I would believe it without actually seeing a Deus II and a Nox swinging over the same target in loose dirt and one doing better than the other. It would seem to me the more fluff there is the more air there is which should not make any difference. I just don't get how fluff can be tougher than compacted ground when air test are always deeper than in the ground test.

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

This seems like a rather minor tweak since previously you got a dark gray VDI with a red underline.  I guess some people had trouble noticing the underscore??

Exactly what I was thinking.....Personally I did fine with the red line ferrous indicator...

strick

23 minutes ago, strick said:

Exactly what I was thinking.....Personally I did fine with the red line ferrous indicator...

strick

That's what I said too. But if I do decide to download the update, I will try the red #'s and see if I like it or if it annoys me since I'm already used to the red line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longbow62 said:

I have heard the same thing, but I'm not sure I would believe it without actually seeing a Deus II and a Nox swinging over the same target in loose dirt and one doing better than the other. It would seem to me the more fluff there is the more air there is which should not make any difference. I just don't get how fluff can be tougher than compacted ground when air test are always deeper than in the ground test.

Yep strange agree but seems to be the case in fact I have discussed this with the owner of a detecting outlet in UK and his club use D2 for plough and Nox on compact pasture for the reasons mentioned so not just my findings. 

• Like 1

I tried out the update today.  It definitely does make target TID's more stable.  The big red numbers for iron make these tired eyes happy.  And the sound boost works well for wind gusts too.  All in all, 👍👍

• Like 3

11 hours ago, canslawhero said:

NOTE to MINELAB: my MacBook pro only has usb 'C' ports. used an Aukey USB-A to C adapter but update fails (no connection).....sigh.....M105 update does work using the same adapter.

pretty lame Minelab....if anyone knows of another adapter that works in this situation let me know....

will need to find an (antique) PC with USB-A port.....

I have an old MacBook Pro with USB 2.0 ports and so I downloaded all the updates on that machine.  I got no response from the update software from Minelab.  I ran a utility to "watch" communications on the USB 2.0 port and both the earphones and Manticore were correctly identified by the port, but the Minelab utility program did not send communications to the device to check for software versions.

I then downloaded everything again on my new MacBook Pro with USB 3.1 using an Apple USB adapter.  This did the trick, both updates were loaded on first try.

Some cable companies do not wire their adapters completely, or correctly. The Apple adapters are expensive but you get a quality product that works.  I picked mine up at Best Buy.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-usb-c-to-usb-adapter-white/6622138.p?skuId=6622138

• Like 2

Another day hunting with the update.  Love it!  No more outside the coil falsing during sweeps.  And iron falsing is way down.  👍👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TripleT said:

Another day hunting with the update.  Love it!  No more outside the coil falsing during sweeps.  And iron falsing is way down.  👍👍

Have you adjusted settings or just running your typical settings?

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Have you adjusted settings or just running your typical settings?

These are my settings for low and high conductors.

Discrimination is set at max leaving 1-3 open. 5 or 6 recovery speed. Tracking on. 

• Like 1