A Stunning Gold Ring Found With The Manticore. Still Unsure Of Its Age!

It has Quality and Age written all over it!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 2

It has a few signatures of it being VERY OLD.

You should probably contact your local experts in the field, it may be worth multiple times its weight in gold.

Very nice find.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bfod said:

It has a few signatures of it being VERY OLD.

You should probably contact your local experts in the field, it may be worth multiple times its weight in gold.

Very nice find.

Thanks Bfod, it's going to my nearest Finds Liason Officer on Wednesday to see if it falls under the treasure act, if so It'll get handed in and will probably be bought by my local museum. Needless to say I'll be gridding that field to see what else might be in it!

• Like 2

It's the real deal that's for certain, a real head turner!

• Like 1

Spectacular.

• Like 1

I would hate to wear something with all those ridges on it as it would tear up the fingers.

Is there any markings on the inside of it? Could it have been decoration to a wax stamp or something?

Just a few thoughts, but I have to say it is very nice.

Great find and hope you have more luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StuWW said:

Thanks Bfod, it's going to my nearest Finds Liason Officer on Wednesday to see if it falls under the treasure act, if so It'll get handed in and will probably be bought by my local museum. Needless to say I'll be gridding that field to see what else might be in it!

Me thinks it is a medievel or slightly post medievel " Posy Gold Ring " , if you search google you will find similar. Your do not have engraving so may be worn out or to old. Here is a link to one and Mr Potter of all names is the finder.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9760071/Treasure-hunter-digs-17th-century-gold-posy-ring-engraved-two-hearts.html 

• Like 2