Ticket On Ml-105 Manticore Headphones...

I doubt they know or even checked, things like this are disposable.  The Manufacturer of them will just swap them out to a new pair for Minelab just like Minelab are doing for you.

Something I should add to my previous post is products like this have no value, to the manufacturer they would cost more to pay to be checked than they're worth, they're never worth shipping back to the factory in whatever country for warranty purposes, often manufacturers have agreements with companies like Minelab that they just have to declare how many faulty units they get based on trust.  The value is to the customer due to the price they paid, the manufacturing cost is so small the labour charge to even pay some third party to look at them before even attempting to fix them is more than they're worth.  We pay a very high price for something of very little value.

I know this from experience, this isn't an assumption.  For example, Minelab are not going to pay some service agent in the USA $20 to pull apart some $10 headphones to see why they failed.

I received a new pair of ML-105 headphones today.  Here is the "Official Diagnosis":

Received ML-105 headphones, and they will not power one.

Will need to replace under warranty.

Oh well, maybe it was the battery, maybe it was he USB connection, or maybe they just got tired and died!!!  So much for a real reason why they failed.  Sometimes ya just gotta laugh and let it go!!!

• 6 months later...

I just took mine out of the box. Been charging for 12 hrs indicator still red. Manual doesn’t say when it’s fully charged what color indicator light should be. Read somewhere that it’s suppose to be blue when fully charged. Is this true?

12 minutes ago, fishnmaine said:

I just took mine out of the box. Been charging for 12 hrs indicator still red. Manual doesn’t say when it’s fully charged what color indicator light should be. Read somewhere that it’s suppose to be blue when fully charged. Is this true?

Well I’m answering my own question as I was writing on the 12 hour it just turned blue. Wow 12 hrs to charge headphones. That’s nuts!!

4 hours ago, fishnmaine said:

Well I’m answering my own question as I was writing on the 12 hour it just turned blue. Wow 12 hrs to charge headphones. That’s nuts!!

It seems like the initial charging time usually takes longer than after use.  Just from experiences that I have had.  

Glad you got a new set.  I have another one to send in.  So I do believe phrunt is right in that Minelab doesn't care "why", they just send you a new set and let it go at that.

Joe

6 hours ago, fishnmaine said:

Mine do this too, have from new, they still work fine but clearly have a problem.  it is meant to go blue but mine never do.

My 105's have been great so far with no issues. I don't like them though for summer as they are really hot. Thinking about ordering some 85's or maybe a WM-09. Can't make up my mind.

25 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

My 105's have been great so far with no issues. I don't like them though for summer as they are really hot. Thinking about ordering some 85's or maybe a WM-09. Can't make up my mind.

I’m probably not going to use the 105’s I have the wm09 hooked my wired buds seems to work fine. Plus I have a pair of detector pro uni probe. Works fine also

23 hours ago, longbow62 said:

There are earbuds for Manticore on ebay which I bought to tackle the heat problem in the summer. Link